el padre
    My Bikes
    Linear,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why am I thinking about

I have a Linear above seat steering and a Lightning P-38....and some homebuilts....so why am I thinking about buying a Bike-E. Guess I will do some investigating and maybe come up with some answers, unless you all have some ideas.. ... ... .. ..peace

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd
    I have a Linear above seat steering and a Lightning P-38....and some homebuilts....so why am I thinking about buying a Bike-E. Guess I will do some investigating and maybe come up with some answers, unless you all have some ideas.. ... ... .. ..peace
    One should always be thinking about the next bike
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would be your Cruising the Neighborhood bike? Or, your Let a Friend Try Out a 'Bent bike? It would be less performance-oriented than what you have, right? They are supposed to be very easy to ride.

el padre
    My Bikes
    Linear,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I think you have hit it. I do a lot of my riding for exercize and it is, as you say, aroung town. the research i was doing was to see if it is a reasonable price and it is, more or less, about the going rate. He was asking 500 and said he would take 475 cause when I asked for a test ride the tires were flat and he had a hard time getting one to take air. First time I looked at it I did not get a good look at the drive train..it is a Shram 3-speed with 6 or 7 speed derailer. Also I have 'get-away cabin' that I may take the Linear to for ridiing there.. So still thinking... peace

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The correct number of bikes to own is n+1, where n=present number of bikes owned.

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd
    I have a Linear above seat steering and a Lightning P-38....and some homebuilts....so why am I thinking about buying a Bike-E.
    You already own a Linear and a Lightning and you're thinking about buying a Bike-E? Where, exactly, do you picture yourself riding your Bike-E?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm the same way about a Surly...I have an Atlantis, which can outsurly the Surly, as well as five other bikes. But every month or so I go to the Surly website and think, "I need one of those...."
    Has to wait until after I get the recumbent, though....

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a shop where you could have your pick of 3 Bike-E's.

Can't see the appeal myself, although I hear they are a comfortable ride.

They are (or were) the best selling recumbent in USA history, selling over 20,000 of them.
    Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 05-25-07 at 10:41 PM.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see the use of a BikeE for the 'round town errands, but it is not a great ride compared to the other two. But I am curious, what model of Linear do you have with above seat steering? The only ones I am aware of are all under seat, including the one that introduced me to the joys of recumbance.

el padre
    My Bikes
    Linear,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Linear is one built in the original owners shop (before being bought out by present owner and still has the tag on the front of the steering which says Guttenburg, Iowa. It has a Suntour 6000 derailer on the back and on the frame is simply has the Linear logo and a logo in front of that 'Aluminum'... I bought it used and it had a crack where the back tire stays meet the frame, so those got welded and I was good to go. Actually I was riding it all the time but the weld made me feel much better. I was going to say it was my first recumbent but that is not the case... I built my first recumbent 30+ years ago after seeing the Ground Hugger in Popular Mechanics Magazine. I weighs (i still have it) as much as 3 or 4 of the Linear, cause I made it with some manure spreader frame on the farm. I grew up on the farm so had access to welder and parts.
    The reason for buying a Bike-E....yea, around town is most of my riding.. to have something so "well known" (although there are a lot of other 'well known' bikes out there too). Maybe I am getting the N+1 disease... A guy I ride with has a Trek that he wants to sell but I am thinking I like LWB or CLWB better. Even my P-38 is not my favorite in the stable.
    so much for this one .... .. .. . ... .. .. ... peace

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now if you want to get a real bike- One that sails up hills-take the technical parts of the track with ease- will sail through mud as if it does not exist- and allows you to move about on the saddle to allow you to balance the thing when it gets really tricky- Then I think you are looking at the wrong bike.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan