Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunday Morning...Back to Work

Well, the weekend is over (mine anyway). Had a great three and a half days off (if you don't count the nephew's funeral Wednesday). After a long week of seemingly endless family deadlines and commitments, I'm back on Human powered two wheelers.

I feel in control again, funny how a few good days with a few good rides can rearrange ones perspective on life. Got in a little 15 miler on Thurs.with the Raleigh C-40 (found a shard of glass on the way home ssssssssssssssssss). Rode the Trek to the bike shop on Fri to pick up some spare tubes then swung North and rode towards home along the shore of Lake Ontario then South along the Genesee River Trail. I like to keep tabs on the nesting swans along the banks in plain view of the MUP. It turned into a pleasant 20 miles. Saturday it was time to take out the Schwinn 354 Aluminum Road Bike. A long slow enjoyable 41 miles.

Sunday, 04:00 A.M. and of course I'm commuting to work on my Trek after such a good weekend. If the storms don't hold off, the 5 mile ride home will round out an 85 mile week....but if they fail to materialize it'll definately be over 90 miles for the week.

This cycling thing is so rewarding on so many levels....

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like that flat gave you a nice ride home after getting the new tubes. I like those rides when you can sit back and enjoy nature rolling by.
    George

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George
    I like those rides when you can sit back and enjoy nature rolling by.
    That's right. There's so much life off the beaten path !!!!!