Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom, I can't say you didn't warn me and I have no one to blame but myself.

Due to leading an over complicated life, tonight is the first time I've been able to take a real bike ride since Sunday. I started out in Nixa at one of Lovey's Curves stores. I didn't have a destination in mind, just wanted to go for a nice ride. When I got to 160, I went North, towards Springfield. Scared the bejeebers out of a lady also riding north, she was stopped at a stop light, and when I rode up beside her, stopped and said hello, she nearly fell over, and exclaimed "I NEVER SEE ANYONE RIDING HERE!" like it was my fault or something that she's jumpy. So anyway, I rode on into Springfield, hit the MUP, nearly hit a doe deer, rode on over to a friend's house and had a glass of cold water and then decided to head back to Nixa. I took a different way back through town and soon I realized, hey, I could have a cup of coffee! And it started to sound pretty good. And now here is the bad part, but they say confession is good for the soul. I rode right past a Krispy Kreme donut factory and coffee shop and straight up to Starbucks. Had me a grande latte and sat out on the patio in the dusk of the evening sipping fancy coffee feeling superior as all get out, looking at the bike leaning up against the bradford pear in their lawn and wondering if THIS was what OCP was all about, and should I maybe get some better clothes to ride in or something. So Tom, you're right, you know what you're talking about, it is indeed a slippery slope. But then I forgot about that and rode on back to Nixa, and just thanked my lucky stars for nights like this and a decent bike to enjoy them on.
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like a wonderful evening. It is good to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. To enjoy the world around you. Glad to read a report where someone stops in the middle of their ride to enjoy the moment.

"looking at the bike leaning up against the bradford pear in their lawn" Hmmm, sounds like you need a kickstand.

My Bikes
    Cannondale T800, Marin Hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for you. Sounds like the perfect evening to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrierman
    ... and wondering if THIS was what OCP was all about, and should I maybe get some better clothes to ride in or something.

Terrierman: You can relax. You weren't even close to OCP. If you were, you wouldn't be worring about getting better clothes to ride in, because you would have already been dressed in a full team kit that matches your bike's color. Additionally, I didn't hear you mention that you positioned your bike in a manner that allowed everyone to see it in all of it's glory. Nor, did you mention how you wore you $200 sunglasses (on top of head, hanging from slightly opened jersey zipper, etc.) Finally, there was no mention of talking on your cell phone or at least having it out on the table where everyone could see it.
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a fun ride, maybe that lady was looking for a Starbucks, or should have found one.
    George

My Bikes
    2006 Lemond Tourmalet triple
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George
    Sounds like a fun ride, maybe that lady was looking for a Starbucks, or should have found one.
    If she was THAT jumpy, more coffee was the last thing she needed.
    Starve a terrorist - ride a bike to work. It's not just good for the environment, it's good for civilization.

My new blog is No Pinch Flats.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are the best types of rides My daughter and I always plan our rides around a place that serves great ice cream.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith