Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Banned. DnvrFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    20,924
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Health Report - 65+

    Health Report - 65+ Well, actually 67+

    Physical this week.

    BP - 128/78

    Blood work all normal

    Prostate has shrunk

    Cholesterol (no meds)

    total - 182
    Tri - 70
    HDL - 50
    LDL - 118

    Doc wants me to get a "Rapid Heart Scan" with "coronary scoring" just to be sure (no symptoms). Although it is covered by insurance, the copay is $200 and the scan is $195. How did they know?

    I'm happy!

    Last edited by DnvrFox; 06-07-07 at 08:02 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Red Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    On a Road in Central Bluegrass KY
    My Bikes
    Not enough
    Posts
    1,249
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang - I'd be happy with numbers like that!! Way to Go!!!!!
    **Fate is a fickle thing, and in the end the true measure of a person is not fate itself, but how they master it**

  3. #3
    Senior Member MichiganMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Joseph, MI
    My Bikes
    Cannondale T800, Marin Hybrid
    Posts
    427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not anywhere near 67 and I'd be happy with those numbers. Must be the "mile high" air. Way to go.

  4. #4
    Banned. The Weak Link's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Post-partisan Paradise
    My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Posts
    4,936
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many miles a week do you average on the bike?

    I never thought I'd see "smiles per mile" quantified but I'd say you did.

  5. #5
    Happy Rider
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Texas
    My Bikes
    Gold Rush, Moots compact, Bike Friday Pocket Crusoe
    Posts
    749
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GREAT. Mines next month. Hope to do as well!!!!

  6. #6
    Ride Daddy Ride Jet Travis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Villa Incognito
    My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Posts
    2,648
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bravo, Foxy. Can't wait til I'm your age so I can be as healthy as you are.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

  7. #7
    Senior Member ?? Beverly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Englewood,Ohio
    My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Posts
    5,090
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice checkup, Dnvr!!
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

    Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

  8. #8
    Banned. DnvrFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    20,924
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weak Link
    How many miles a week do you average on the bike?

    I never thought I'd see "smiles per mile" quantified but I'd say you did.
    I try to exercise in some form or other at least 1 hour per day, but when I ride the bike it is generally at least 2 hours. I don't worry a lot about the mileage. Otherwise I walk, ride the trainer, and I do weight lifting.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    S.E. Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,737
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DnvrFox
    ... the copay is $200 and the scan is $195. How did they know?


    It's a well thought out and executed conspiracy. Good numbers, way to live!
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

  10. #10
    Senior Member wrafl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Western Burbs of Chicago
    Posts
    948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had my chek up the other day and doc told me everything looks good, BP 116/76, lab work normal except for one test, which is slightly elevated but need not worry since it can be expected of someone with one less organ. Instead of bi annual check up, he told me I would see him next year but before I left, he ordered chest x-ray. Waited for 2 hours to get X ray along with 25 others or so with few waiting for their turn since 9:00 AM. I said to the guy next to me, this don't make sense if my doc won't see me until next year why would he order x-ray while I wait for 2 hours or so for my turn. I need to get out of here before I acquire something from other patients wearing mask. A 1 1/2 hour appointment that day could have been an all day affair so I strolled out and promise to come back for x -ray next week after my other appointment. So does that make any sense at all? I need your thoughts.

  11. #11
    Banned. DnvrFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    20,924
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrafl
    Had my chek up the other day and doc told me everything looks good, BP 116/76, lab work normal except for one test, which is slightly elevated but need not worry since it can be expected of someone with one less organ. Instead of bi annual check up, he told me I would see him next year but before I left, he ordered chest x-ray. Waited for 2 hours to get X ray along with 25 others or so with few waiting for their turn since 9:00 AM. I said to the guy next to me, this don't make sense if my doc won't see me until next year why would he order x-ray while I wait for 2 hours or so for my turn. I need to get out of here before I acquire something from other patients wearing mask. A 1 1/2 hour appointment that day could have been an all day affair so I strolled out and promise to come back for x -ray next week after my other appointment. So does that make any sense at all? I need your thoughts.
    Strange to me. Likely the doc just wanted to double check on the chest x-ray - the results will be sent to him, I assume, and he would let you know of any problems,

    25 folks!!

    There must be other radiology places you can go?

  12. #12
    Senior Member wrafl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Western Burbs of Chicago
    Posts
    948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    25 folks!!

    There must be other radiology places you can go?[/QUOTE]

    I agree there are better places to go for x-ray but when you depend on free public health care (VA), you just have to wait for your turn until called.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •