Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Just back and settled in from the Assault on Mt Mitchell. Many, many thanks to Stapfam for creating the post on the virtual ride to help me out today. I cannot begin to tell you how much my comrades from BF 50+ helped me out today and how much I appreciate it.

I truly believe it made a huge difference. I can distinctly recall three times when I called out for some assistance and the group helped me each and every time. The first was coming up Hwy 80 which is about 83-86 miles into the ride and is probably the steepest part of the 103 miles. I sensed some additional energy and push and eased on up the 3 miles without too much difficulty.

I needed another boost around 94-97 miles where there is another 3.7 mile climb that I always seem to underestimate how long it is. I was really, really ready for it to be over at 2.5 miles but I called out again and you folks pitched in and got me through the last 1+ miles on that one.

Lastly, there is a 5 mile climb in the Park from 98 miles to the finish with 3 miles being the toughest. I just didn't have much left but somebody here gave me a nice push and got me up that one as well.

I'll post the details on another thread but it really did help. Don't know if it was just having the mind focused on something else but it really did help. Kinda spooky really........Has to be much healthier than the EPO stuff I read and hear about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems great to me,good goin' . I'm here on the southern coast,new to NC. Are you referring to the west, beyond Ashville perhaps. That's the beginning of the BlueRidge Mountains right ?

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of the ride was on the Blue Ridge Parkway which does run through the Blue Ridge Mountinas and the Asheville area. The route we were on and where we finished was on the top of Mt Mitchell and is east of Asheville about 30 miles. Really nice area to ride bikes.

My Bikes
    Bianchi Volpe '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe
    Part of the ride was on the Blue Ridge Parkway which does run through the Blue Ridge Mountinas and the Asheville area. The route we were on and where we finished was on the top of Mt Mitchell and is east of Asheville about 30 miles. Really nice area to ride bikes.

Congrats ! That's such beautiful country there- what a great ride!

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You made me suffer on Monday. It does not happen that often but I had a hangover on monday- So I did not do a great ride to assist you- Just 5 miles out and 5 miles back to take in a Slope- but at least I knew how you must have been suffering. Well done and whats the next one- I'll make certain I give myself something credible rather than a hangover for the next support.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan