Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Bikes
    Cannondale T800, Marin Hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

George- The Weight of my Cannondale

Sorry everyone, I am not sure how to do this except this way. Anyway, I weighed my bike (Cannondale T800).

It weighs exactly 31 pounds with the following extras: Fenders, the Garmin was on there, Clip Bracket thing for the Handlebar Bag, the Tubus Front Rack, and yes, a kickstand.

This is the Large Frame

Sorry about the size too, I have to get better at this.

Last edited by MichiganMike; 06-12-07 at 04:43 PM.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now if you had a white bike-----

Looks like a bike with a purpose so what sort of riding do you do? Never fancied front panniers but also not had a use for then either. Do they affect the Steering at all when loaded? Now as to the Stand???????
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to take the two week bike trips in the summer. I am working towards the Cross Country thing in a few years if I can swing it. Actually, I usually only ride with one set of bags, but am thinking about putting them on the front to see how it goes. In some ways, it's better than in the back. I only use one set, otherwise I would over pack and just haul around a lot of extra weight.

The brown ensures no one will ever want to steal it!

Lancashire England, but at the moment on an extended tour of South East Asia
    My Bikes
    Thorn Ravan Catlayst, Bill Nickson tourer, Bill Nickson Time Trial, Claud Butler Cape Wrath, Motobecame Tandem etc etc
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganMike

The brown ensures no one will ever want to steal it!

My hack is the same colour for the same reason.

george
    ---------------------------------------------------
    https://sites.google.com/site/imjibi/home

Photos of present tour of South East Asia
    http://picasaweb.google.com/georgeidf50/southeastasia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jibi
    My hack is the same colour for the same reason.

george
    And I was about to say that, regardless of its weight, it is a handsome looking bike . . . what do I know?

Caruso

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I was about to say that, regardless of its weight, it is a handsome looking bike . . . what do I know?
    It is. This is the 2006 color. It's a pickup truck instead of a sports car.

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    Now if you had a white bike-----

Never fancied front panniers but also not had a use for then either. Do they affect the Steering at all when loaded?
    Years ago, Jim Blackburn had data that showed that a load distributed between a rear rack and a low front rack handled much better that the same load put only on the rear rack. I used lowrider front panniers off and on in the past and never had any issues with handling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the same bike it was before you weighed it--if you liked it then, there's no reason not to like it now.
    I've never weighed my Atlantis, but I'm sure it's at least 30 pounds. it's 64cm lugged steel, with a Brooks saddle, 50cm handlebars and usually either a Baggins Hobo bag on the bars or a Carradice saddle bag on the back. Fenders come and go--they're off now, because we rarely get rain in summer. It's still my all time favorite bike

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the same bike it was before you weighed it--if you liked it then, there's no reason not to like it now.
    I've never weighed my Atlantis, but I'm sure it's at least 30 pounds. it's 64cm lugged steel, with a Brooks saddle, 50cm handlebars and usually either a Baggins Hobo bag on the bars or a Carradice saddle bag on the back. Fenders come and go--they're off now, because we rarely get rain in summer. It's still my all time favorite bike
    I don't care what it weighs personally. George asked me in another thread so I told him I would weigh it. The website doesn't give the weight.

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix - Look 566 - Jamis Coda Elite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://i19.tinypic.com/4kyci86.jpg

If this turns out, this is mine. It weighs 25.9, but with everything added it's closer to 33. I looked at the Cannondale before I bought mine, but I forgot to ask the weight. At that time I couldn't get down in the drops, or for that matter I couldn't rest my hands on the top bar. All of that's changed now and I'm looking at several bikes. The Bike I have now is steel with carbon forks and you couldn't get a smoother ride, I don't think you could anyhow.

I think the brown looks elegant, and I do like the looks of the bike, as well as DGs, but I have to turn over some more stones and see if I can get another steel one. There's a lot of bikes I have been looking at, but they all have just about what I have now. I'm going to take more time finding my next bike because I know it will be my last one. Anyhow just talking now, and there's nothing wrong with dreaming.
    George

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NICE bike. That is all I have to say on this subject. Except maybe VERY nice bike. I like the color BTW.
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George
    http://i19.tinypic.com/4kyci86.jpg

If this turns out, this is mine. It weighs 25.9, but with everything added it's closer to 33. I looked at the Cannondale before I bought mine, but I forgot to ask the weight. At that time I couldn't get down in the drops, or for that matter I couldn't rest my hands on the top bar. All of that's changed now and I'm looking at several bikes. The Bike I have now is steel with carbon forks and you couldn't get a smoother ride, I don't think you could anyhow.

I think the brown looks elegant, and I do like the looks of the bike, as well as DGs, but I have to turn over some more stones and see if I can get another steel one. There's a lot of bikes I have been looking at, but they all have just about what I have now. I'm going to take more time finding my next bike because I know it will be my last one. Anyhow just talking now, and there's nothing wrong with dreaming.
    Anybody ever tell you you look scarier with that skullcap and sunglasses than most of the guys on the
    Sopranos? I like the color of your Coda, and those bars, they still make me wonder...
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrierman, for $15 from Nashbar you should at least give them a try. OOPs they just went up to $20. I had to play around with them for a few weeks, but they do the trick for me. I even thought about putting drops on it, but that was short lived.
    George

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way that was a picture from yesterday after I went 67 miles. Fresh as a daisy, huh.
    George

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrierman, for $15 from Nashbar you should at least give them a try. OOPs they just went up to $20. I had to play around with them for a few weeks, but they do the trick for me. I even thought about putting drops on it, but that was short lived.
    Are those trekking bars George? I have thought about those myself a few times. Wow, after your trip, I thought it was maybe right before you left.

FYI, going to ride one of your Chicago Area Trails tomorrow. The Fox River Trail out around St. Charles, Aurora, Elgin, etc. Ever ride it before you left for the south?

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This really helped with my ride,http://i14.tinypic.com/5z6mhko.jpg.

Yes I did have them on before the trip, but I took the picture after the ride. I lost 3 pounds is all and I put it right back on with water right after the ride.

Mike I was more into sailing, before we left for down here. I sailed up the Michigan coast and it was beautiful. My son has a sailboat down here, but it's just to hot to enjoy. If I had the money I would have been a snow bird, but that wasn't in the cards. I know all the areas your talking about riding up there and they are very nice. The Fox River area has a lot of nice resturants along it, but I think they are a little far apart. Just west of St. Charles road in St Charles there is a nice one right on the water. When you go through Elgin it's not to good. If I was to make the trip I think I would go west and north. They have Blackhawk state park as you go west and that's pretty. I think if I was making the trip I would go west, but you might want to check it all out. Anyhow good luck and have a good time.
    George

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the brown color. Nice earthtone. Brown is one of my favorite bike colors.

I also like George's donkey. I've never seen one of those on a bike before.

My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrierman
    Anybody ever tell you you look scarier with that skullcap and sunglasses than most of the guys on the Sopranos?
    The revealingly low zipper also adds to the "look."

No one will mess with George when he's out on a ride. Small children will run to their mothers.

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't George look great on a brand new Roubiax???
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    Cannondale T800
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only use rear panniers, but I think it makes sense to distribute the weight more evenly. Don't think I am going to add a front rack, but if I were to start again ...

The T800 looks much better in green.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George, That's a 2005 Jamis Coda Elite isn't it? What size frame is it?

Besides a few changes in the components, that top tube doesn't appear to have as much slope as the 2007 models. Or is that a visual trick due to the bike resting on a slope?

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil
    George, That's a 2005 Jamis Coda Elite isn't it? What size frame is it?

Besides a few changes in the components, that top tube doesn't appear to have as much slope as the 2007 models. Or is that a visual trick due to the bike resting on a slope?

No I don't think it slopes as much either. I haven't seen one on the floor, but it looks like they changed it a little. I have the Avid BB 7 brakes and the are really easy to adjust. The newer ones put on BB 5s. I thought they said the forks were different as well. The newer ones are straight and mine have that curve in it, what ever it's called. I don't know if mine has a longer wheel base or not. I told you I changed the gearing to 48/36/26, I would never use the gearing, or the big ring on the other one, I think it's a 52 and I don't think I would ever use that, not without tearing my knee up.

You know I keep asking about other bikes, but when I get on mine I feel right at home. I like the trekking bars, but I keep wondering about drops. Are they really that good? I have 1435 miles on the bike and I finally got it where it's suppose to be. The Brooks saddle was transfered from the Trek. So far everything is the way I wanted it and I bought the bike with touring in mind. Light touring that is, that's why I went with the carbon fiber forks. All I need is a handlebar bag, which I have, and a rear bag, which I have, but I'd probably go with panniers on the rear.

I do get a lot of comments on the bike, but when I tell them how much I got into it. they start talking something less expensive. I'm still thinking road bike, but I don't know which one yet. I really like this steel, but I would like to get something a little lighter, we'll see.

The day I did my metric and birhtday ride I ran into a couple near the house that see me riding all the time and They are going to start now. We really didn't get into which bike to buy yet. By the way, my birthday isn't until August, but I did it now, because I think in August, down here, with this heat, I don't even want to think about any 65 or 70 mile ride. I'll see, I might get a bug and do another good ride, I'll just have to wait and see. Take care and thanks for asking
    George

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh,I forgot, I got the largest frame it came in, which is a 23".
    George

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a nice quality bike. No need to upgrade from it unless you get to the point where you need something that is more aero and/or lighter for more speed. A $10,000 Orbea, Seven, Madone, etc., might be a much worse fit for your needs than the bike you already have.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George
    Oh,I forgot, I got the largest frame it came in, which is a 23".
    I thought it looked on the large side. I use a 17.5" frame.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast