Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update on Jamis Build Project with Photos

Today upon arrival at home after work the Jamis Eclipse frame was waiting for me. The first photo is the frame as it was out of the box. In photo 2 I had installed the headset, fork, seat post and seat. The fork is from a Specialized Roubaix, and I think it works well in term of the overall looks. One unexpected problem with the seat post is that it is too long. It will only go down so far because it runs into the carbon tube which is bonded inside the steel lugwork. I'll have to pull it out and cut about 2.5 inches off. The third photo is with the wheels and rear derailleur, brakes, and handlebars. I'm waiting on delivery of the bottom bracket and crankset. Should be here in a day or two. The front derailleur I have is a 31.8 in diameter and is too big for the seat tube. So, I'll have to find another one, unless there is a solution about which I'm not aware. And I need a chain and a few other minor things, but a trip to the LBS and I should be ready to get back to assembly. It's together enough that I'm begining to get really excited about the prospect of getting to ride it before the coming weekend is over. Maybe I'll get a "Father's Day Ride" with it? Man, I wish I had the rest of the parts I need.... AND I need to think about the blue... not sure I like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BSLeVan; 06-14-07 at 05:01 PM.
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great. I really like the look of the steel and carbon, You could probably shim the derailleur clamp, but one the right size would be a cleaner solution. What's up with the angle of the handlebars?
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    '71 Raleigh Sports, '84 Schwinn LeTour on the trainer (and available for hill repeats), '06 Scott CR1 SL (Ksyrium SL), and a yet-to-be-determined TT bike.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a sweet bike! Congratulations!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice.

Yeah, that fork looks like it was made for the frame, good match.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looling even in the building stage

If you're not thrilled with the blue maybe you could pick out a color on a decal and use it.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly
    Nice looling even in the building stage

If you're not thrilled with the blue maybe you could pick out a color on a decal and use it.
    Of course that should be looking.....even spell check missed that one
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg
    What's up with the angle of the handlebars?
    I'll adjust them properly later. I put them on while it was in the workstand, and didn't pay much attention to adjusting them. I tend to do all of the adjustments for fit, etc. all at once and when it's on the ground.
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

My Bikes
    06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the blue tape looks good. May go for it on the Reno (silver & black) whenever I retape.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BSLeVan
    I'll adjust them properly later. I put them on while it was in the workstand, and didn't pay much attention to adjusting them. I tend to do all of the adjustments for fit, etc. all at once and when it's on the ground.
    I was hoping that was the case.

As for the blue tape. It looks fine to me. Ribby has blue tape. Just sayin'.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it. Very handsome machine. I like the blue tape too.
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.