Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Worth it ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worth it ?

Always seem to be recovering from a sprain or pull or some d--- thing. Start thinking is this worth the pain. Remember the red winged black bird that was flying into the wind just hanging in air as I went by. The turtles in the pond that I only see on the bike, the turkey that started to run away then realized how fast I was and flew off. The pretty girls that smiled on the bike trail. The bathroom scale that doesn't say "get off" any more. This could go on forever. I guess its worth it.
    I have the key, to escape reality....Get on your bikes and ride

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I started becoming active I needed a lot of vitamins A, D, V, I, & L.
    I think it helps if you have multiple activities, not just cycling.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by further
    Always seem to be recovering from a sprain or pull or some d--- thing. Start thinking is this worth the pain. Remember the red winged black bird that was flying into the wind just hanging in air as I went by. The turtles in the pond that I only see on the bike, the turkey that started to run away then realized how fast I was and flew off. The pretty girls that smiled on the bike trail. The bathroom scale that doesn't say "get off" any more. This could go on forever. I guess its worth it.
    I find biking very rewarding, too. In addition to the close up look at nature I enjoy the people I've met through cycling.

Are the injuries from cycling? I haven't been bothered with injuries except for a few received from a tumble from the bike. Maybe I don't ride hard enough
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    Giant, Iron Horse, Shogun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I wouldn't have been caught dead in any kind of support wrap years ago -- heck, even a month ago -- I'm seriously considering it now, to aid recovery and prevent re-straining of injured parts. If million-dollar athletes do it, who am I to say no? Just saying, do you wear or have you considered wearing support bandages to alleviate or prevent reinjury? Would be great if there was something to help you ride pain-free.

-Ally
    Remember, wherever you go, there you are.
    - Buckaroo Banzai

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems that every injury I ever had comes back to haunt me. Its not as if I'm being crippled by any of them, but always seem to be babying some thing. I did injure my back muscles about 15 yrs ago and it goes into spasm every so often, that does put me out of commission for a few days. Recovering from a spasm right now,probably one more day of no exercise. I do biking, running, and small amount of swimming. Since starting multi sport approach to fitness I have had noticeably fewer leg problems. I've never been very good at moderation and tend to over do especially millage increases. I know better but get caught up in the moment and push a little too hard.
    I have the key, to escape reality....Get on your bikes and ride

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems that every injury I ever had comes back to haunt me. Its not as if I'm being crippled by any of them, but always seem to be babying some thing. I did injure my back muscles about 15 yrs ago and it goes into spasm every so often, that does put me out of commission for a few days. Recovering from a spasm right now,probably one more day of no exercise. I do biking, running, and small amount of swimming. Since starting multi sport approach to fitness I have had noticeably fewer leg problems. I've never been very good at moderation and tend to over do especially millage increases. I know better but get caught up in the moment and push a little too hard.
    I certainly understand the back injury. I injured mine in a diving accident when I was around 9 years old and it often reminds me if I push too hard on the bike
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    Trek 7700, C'dale R2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are correct. Any sport can cause injuries and issues specific for that sport. I have aches from falls, issues from sweating, insect bites while biking, skin issues from sun exposure and so on.

Put this in contrast with the issues of inactive people. Obesity, lethargic, depressed, digestive issues because of strange diets, joint issues due to lack of use, smoking related issues, other substance abuse.

I think we are describing the human condition of living. Thank God that there are many beautiful things also as you are describing.

South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, West of Harris Lake, NC
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR-C, Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 05 Rockhopper, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 01 Bianchi Campione, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 97 Lemond
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still paying for the road bike fall I had early this season (cost over $300) and the shoulder pain has not completely gone away. Instead of slowing or stopping, I'm cycling more this year than my previous two seasons. Partly because I'm enjoying it more and partly because I'm seeing positive results that reinforce more cycling.
    Is there anyone who believes they would be better off if they were not cycling?
    Roccobike BF Official Thread Terminator

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. It's wort it. I picked up a nice trophy at my race today
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.