Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Recovery Pics

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recovery Pics

Hopefully part of my resting and recovery will include more trips to the in-laws. They live on a lake in the Piedmont area of NC and have a terrific view of sunsets from their deck that encircles their house. They live on a point and have about 400+ feet of waterfront. When the mayflies are out, they are so thick you can grab a few in flight or off the leaves, put them on a hook and fish from their bank. The fish just love mayflies and they're usually only out for about a week a year. The fish bite them as soon as the hook hits the water. Great, great fun for the kids and kids that never grow up like me!!!

Going to their place while only an hour away is like a mini vacation. I'll just have to keep from riding my bike the 50 miles over to their house!!

Maybe I'll also get in a few rounds of golf with my Father-in-Law who still has a really sporty game at 79. I'm glad I got this tee shot in particular as he striped it down the middle, hit his second shot up to around 3 feet and make the putt for a birdie!!

These pics were taken this past Father's day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great recovery pics!

I could use some recovery time this morning. My 3 and 5 year old granddaugthers spent the night with me
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR-C, Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 05 Rockhopper, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 01 Bianchi Campione, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 97 Lemond
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful pics JPPE. I can see how spending some time there can be relaxing. I think I'd have trouble leavng to return home.
    Roccobike BF Official Thread Terminator

My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx SXM, LeMond Buenos Aires, Cannondale Road Warrior 1000 plus a couple of comforts (Specialized Crossroads and Giant Cyprus) and a beater mtb for around town.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice photos, Joe; however, I suspect that the boat in the second photo is a paddle boat and you are out trying to get in another 20 miles before the sun goes down. Loved the shot of grandpa leaning into one.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
    --Ben Franklin

Happy Rider
    My Bikes
    Gold Rush, Moots compact, Bike Friday Pocket Crusoe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly
    Great recovery pics!

I could use some recovery time this morning. My 3 and 5 year old granddaugthers spent the night with me
    hmmmmmmm...............I thought the beauty of being a grandparent was that the little ones went home at night.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by card
    hmmmmmmm...............I thought the beauty of being a grandparent was that the little ones went home at night.
    They usually do but they wanted to spend the night this time. Evidently I've forgotten a few things about kids....never buy them bubbles, a flute or chocolate candy unless you're ready to return them to their parents
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Happy Rider
    My Bikes
    Gold Rush, Moots compact, Bike Friday Pocket Crusoe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly
    They usually do but they wanted to spend the night this time. Evidently I've forgotten a few things about kids....never buy them bubbles, a flute or chocolate candy unless you're ready to return them to their parents
    Ahhhhhhhh, the attributes of chocolate candy. I have this acquantance who used to leave her 4 year old son at our house to play with my daughter whenever she came to town to visit her grandmother. She ALWAYS returned about 2-3 hours later than she said she would. After the second time she was late, I started feeding her son chocolate candy about 15 minutes before her scheduled return--dark chocolate candy--Godiva type. After about 2 more times of her being late, she quit bringing him over. That was over 20 years ago. Saw her at the market the other day. She didn't speak!!!!!!!!!!!!