Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    88 Fisher Gemini tandem, 92 Trek 970, 07 Nashbar Frame, 08 Gary Fisher Paragon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any of us ride Single Speed?

I don't know if it was working the tent at the Rochester Twilight Criterium, or all the hours I worked on Saturday. But I really have the bug for a new Bike.

I built up a new Bianchi San Jose on Saturday and it was a really nice bike. It's one that I have overlooked and I was very pleased while building it. That got me looking at some of the other bikes in the Bianchi line and I came across the Bianchi Roger.
    http://www.bianchiusa.com/07_roger.html

Does anyone here have this bike? I'd really even like to see if anyone has RIDDEN one of these and see what you think. I DON'T like the 48/17 and will probably run a 42x17 to save myself.

I NEED HELP FOLKS! LOL!
    A Mess of old bikes...
    92 Trek 970
    08 Gary Fisher Paragon

My Bikes
    '04 Giant OCR2, '87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion, '85 Schwinn Super Le Tour, '92 Trek 820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fixed gear conversion is 40/15, which cruises nicely at about 18mph on the flat. Don't ask my cadence - I'm not that anal about riding. It just feels comfortable.

I established the gear ratio by riding my road bike on group rides at one gear, and finding the most comfortable one, then using Sheldon Brown's site to convert it for my Schwinn's existing 40 tooth small chainring.

Wouldn't it be easier & cheaper to change the cog instead of the chainring?

Hope that helps.

BTW, that Roger looks like a serious gravel trail weapon. Now you've given me a bug, dammit.
    '04 Giant OCR2|'87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion (6,129)|'92 Trek 820 MTB|'85 Schwinn Super LeTour
    "People who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who are nearly half people and half bicycles." - Flann O'Brien, The Third Policeman

My Bikes
    88 Fisher Gemini tandem, 92 Trek 970, 07 Nashbar Frame, 08 Gary Fisher Paragon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bcoppala,

Serious it is by the looks of things. Talked with the Shop Manager and he wants one too. Might try and get a DEMO one for the Shop and that would be SWEET!

The Manager has been talking with the Bianchi REP and even he stated that they (Bianchi) missed the gearing on this bike and many shops are going to 42's on this bike and making happy customers.

My intent is to ride some of the rail trails here in the area. Most of those are packed cinder/ballast type trails and this bike should eat em alive.

I figure when I get my legs underneath me, my pace will be in the high teens again, so your gearing seems about right. I want to be able to spin out when needed, but I want a fairly even cadence when cruising.

Thanks for the feed back.

Chris
    A Mess of old bikes...
    92 Trek 970
    08 Gary Fisher Paragon