Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Finally got past my procrastination (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/315593-finally-got-past-my-procrastination.html)

Digital Gee 06-30-07 09:54 AM

Finally got past my procrastination

I finally swapped out my winter air for summer air in the tires. What a difference! I must be 2-3 mph faster now.

stapfam 06-30-07 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Gee
I finally swapped out my winter air for summer air in the tires. What a difference! I must be 2-3 mph faster now.

You fool- Winter air is heavier so you now have to slow down on the paths to let the Bikini Babes pass you. Mind you the extra 3 mph is handy for evading the houseboy.

For any newbies that do not understand- ask DG for the explanations as it gets complicated and DG has a good way with word(s)

VegaVixen 06-30-07 10:52 AM

:p

SSP 06-30-07 11:44 AM

Wow...you doubled your speed with new air? I'll have to try that soon!

MNBikeguy 06-30-07 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stapfam
You fool- Winter air is heavier so you now have to slow down on the paths to let the Bikini Babes pass you. Mind you the extra 3 mph is handy for evading the houseboy.

I'm suprised DG didn't already know this. I always keep spare winter air on hand.
(In best Napoleon Dynamite voice)...... God!...... Idiot! :D

CrossChain 06-30-07 12:55 PM

I got a cannister of "Lite" air down at the LBS. The kid who sold me said the molecules were more spread out and therefore the air was thinner, fluffier, and lighter. What a difference!

Might also have been some "hot" air mixed in there.

StanSeven 06-30-07 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSP
Wow...you doubled your speed with new air? I'll have to try that soon!

Just put another magnet on your front wheel. Less work than pumping up tires :)

VegaVixen 06-30-07 02:58 PM

:roflmao:

:eek:

<lookin' around, wonderin' if anyone saw VV do that>

cranky old dude 06-30-07 03:38 PM

I use the cooler winter air during warm months to help keep my brakes from overheating.
I use the warm summer air in the winter to help melt and cut thru the snow. (Sometimes, if we have a cool summer, the winter riding becomes extremely difficult due to summer air shortages and rationing).

luv2cruz 06-30-07 04:16 PM

Down here in "Missippi", not enough difference in summer and winter air to bother. We use nitrogen in our tires, it's lighter without all that nasty oxygen in it, and cuts down on the fluctuations in pressure. :)

bkaapcke 06-30-07 04:41 PM

Reminds me of the dehydrated water we used to bring along on camping trips. bk

The Weak Link 06-30-07 06:22 PM

I fill my tires up with pure hydrogen. Keeps 'em light. I call my bike "Das Hindenburg".

FlyingAnchor 06-30-07 09:22 PM

Neon in my tires is lighter and helps my tires glow, and I am seen farther away now.
I tried Vulcan but I hated reading the thoughts of jams going past.
Steven

head_wind 06-30-07 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2cruz
Down here in "Missippi", not enough difference in summer and winter air to bother. We use nitrogen in our tires, it's lighter without all that nasty oxygen in it, and cuts down on the fluctuations in pressure. :)

Oxygen is overrated.