Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx SXM, LeMond Buenos Aires, Cannondale Road Warrior 1000 plus a couple of comforts (Specialized Crossroads and Giant Cyprus) and a beater mtb for around town.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to take stock for 2007

George's one year anniversary post got me to thinking about how I have been doing this year. Maybe it is time for all of us who keep track (I know that many of you are just in it for the fun and never record anything, but I like to play with BikeJournal.com and my spreadsheets) to check in at the half way point (today) of 2007 to see how we are doing.

So here is mine:
    Total miles: 4,027, up 1,300 from last year
    Total rides: 127, up 32 from last year
    Average speed: 15 mph, up from 13.5 mph last year

The enjoyment factor is WAY up, thanks to some good advice, inspiration, and help from some 50+ members, particularly jppe and Bobby C, thanks guys. Oh, thanks to the Buenos Aires, also.

So how are you doing????? Got a goal for the year?
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
    --Ben Franklin

My Bikes
    Flat bar road bike, trail bike and MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like half my miles till end of June last year were on the Trek Hybrid bike. Ergo my average speed was slower. 9 mph on hybrid. My move to road bike permitted average speeds up to 13 mph, most rides at 11 to 12 mph. I rode 570 miles by this time last year.

Now for 2007, I'm lighter. Bike is lighter. All but maybe 14 miles this year are on a road bike. With todays run I'm at 1181 miles, up 611 miles. Most of my rides are closer to the 13 mph average. I don't seem to be having much luck with going faster. Although can ride further and put up with the saddle for far longer. I'm expecting to ride a lot less through July and August. Unless I can mount A/C on the bike. I'm just not a heat and humidity person.
    BierHaus Bertolette Road Bike, built 2007
    BierHaus SRT Trail Bike, built 2010
    Fuji Mt. Pro - 2007

South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, West of Harris Lake, NC
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR-C, Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 05 Rockhopper, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 01 Bianchi Campione, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 97 Lemond
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great question tlc20010. Last 4th of July, I saw a group of road bikes, about 60 or 70 come through my area. I asked what they were up to and was told they were part of the Firecracker 50K road ride. I decided then I would work toward participating in that ride this year. Then I completed my longest road ride to date (last July 4th), 12 miles at about 13 MPH.

I just finished my longest ride this year, 42 miles at 16 MPH. This Wednesday, I'm signed up for the Firecracker 50K.
    Mountain biking has suffered this year due to my increased road riding. So no new accomplishments there. I'll have to work on that tomorrow.
    Roccobike BF Official Thread Terminator

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nine in a row.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a great year. I rode every workday for January and February. Then came my ski accident, and I was on crutches for the first half of March and in a leg brace for the rest of the month. I wasn't able top ride until well into April. I still have a way to go before betting back to where I was in February.

Paul

My Bikes
    Litespeed Tuscany , Lemond Poprad, 1970's Motobecane Grand Record
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just switced to road riding in the fall of last year. I set a goal of 2,000 miles for this year. As of todays rides I am at 1510 on my favorite bike, 150 on my 2nd favorite, 50 on the mountain bike and about 35 on a two day rental while on business in NC. I guess I will have to up my goal. I am having a great time and feel better than I have in a long time. I have also learned a great deal from these forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost 600 miles ahead of last year with 20 fewer rides (work schedule has been a killer lately).
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.