Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 07-06-07, 08:27 AM   #1
Terrierman

Bikes:
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Son Chris calls the old man sag service to rescue him and his bike

I was getting ready to go for a little bike ride yesterday after work. The phone rang and it was Son Chris, calling for the sag wagon. Now he's in his early thirties, and in great shape, he can normally drop me like a hot horseshoe anytime he wants when we are out riding together. Why is he calling me for help?
I guess he just didn't want to push his motorcycle (out of gas) the last eight miles home! He's a great guy, glad I was able to help...
Old 07-06-07, 08:37 AM   #2
BSLeVan

Bikes:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm hopeful, of course, that you gave the appropriate lecture about the advantages of pedal power over fossil fuel. I know I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation if it were one of my sons.
BSLeVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 06:56 PM   #3
Motorad
Peddlin' Around Detroit

Bikes: Legend, Saluki, Trek 730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrierman
I was getting ready to go for a little bike ride yesterday after work. The phone rang and it was Son Chris, calling for the sag wagon. Now he's in his early thirties, and in great shape, he can normally drop me like a hot horseshoe anytime he wants when we are out riding together. Why is he calling me for help?
I guess he just didn't want to push his motorcycle (out of gas) the last eight miles home! He's a great guy, glad I was able to help...
I borrowed a friend's Honda 350 once, and had a great time for the half-mile I rode it, until it ran out of gas. It didn't take long to push the bike back to my friend's house, but I wished I had of thought to see if my friend had turned his motorcycle's fuel line to the "off" position. D'OH!!!
Motorad is offline   Reply With Quote