Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice article on local bike builders

The Madison Capital Times newspaper ran this story front page center on July 5th. Nice to see a positive story on cycling get such attention. And it reflects well upon what is important to the Madison WI community.

http://www.madison.com/tct/news/200198

My Bikes
    Merlin Extralight Topolino Wheels Campy Record
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. Have you seen the one about Calfee building bikes out of bamboo? He is now on a trip to Africa to see if his ideas can be translated into building really cheap bikes for local transportation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great story and front page no less. After I learn how to build wheels, I will try a frame! Nothing like a custom frame.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I was very surprised to see it on the front page, with the full color photo shown in the link. You'd think it would be a big deal to be on the front page of the Local section.

They sound like top craftsmen, the one winning the 2005 national competition for best handmade bike, and another previously building bikes for Seven. All working side-by-side in a tiny 600 sf workshop for a while.