Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Coyote!

Look Close at Those Warranties

I had a pleasant experience today. Several weeks ago, the crank area of my '06 [purchased '05] Cannondale Cyclocross started to produce some racket. Long story made short, the Truvativ spindle came loose from the spider and on inspection I also saw that the metal of the chainrings was delaminating. Well bummer, looks like a $$$ deal. It's almost a year out of shop warranty, but I checked the SRAM homepage [Truvativ is under the SRAM umbrella] and they offer a two-year warranty on failed parts. Worked through my shop per SRAM's requirements and they [the shop] charged me not a dime.

Needless to say, I'm happy as a coyote in a chicken coop.

It's a Leesburg, Virginia [USA] shop and I'll be glad to offer anyone name of the place in a private message. . .which shop shares a parking lot with a bakery specializing in. . .wait for it lads and lassies. . .PIE!!! BTW, Leesburg and this shop are right along the W&OD MUP.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've chatted about parts quality and company service with two long-term LBS owners. Both told me that SRAM is wonderful to work with as compared to Shimano. One said that if he could have it his way, that every bike he sold would be fitted with SRAM components.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on the companies and who you get to deal with. One of my Friends Bought a Univega many years ago and the frame cracked within a year. As he was young and had got nowhere with the shop owner- I went in and tackled the owner- He did not want to know. Got in touch with Univega and they did not want to know. Wrote a letter to Univega pointing out the terms of the warranty and enclosed a letter that was going off to one of the big Cycling Magazines. Instant reply- instant frame replacement and a few Extras thrown in.

My Current LBS sold a bike to one of my riding friends. He had a major problem with the wheels. The LBS dealt with Giant and were not happy with the speed that giant dealt with the warranty. When the Giant rep came in- They tackled him and they got an upgrade on a wheel set and a Complete service done on the bike with all parts that were dubious replaced.

It is not always the Manufacturer- but the LBS and how they value their customers.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan