Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Europa, Hillbrick, Road Chief, Repco Superlite (Ol' Rusty)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Timing is everything

Looked out the window - lots of blue clouds, road dry, a few white puffy things floating around but nothing threatening rain.

You beauty.

Hooked the tag-along behind the Sow's Ear and rode off to the library, me wee lass talking nineteen to the dozen all the way. Changed the videos, made a killing at the book sale, then off to the playground. Bounced around chasing her for half an hour or so, then a few spots of rain. Nothing to worry about then a thumping great big grey thing swept in over the hills. A few more spots of rain. "How about we go home and have some lunch," says Dad. No argument there (never is with food ). Got home in light, scattered rain that had progressed to a deluge by the time I'd finished parking the bikes

Fifteen minutes later, the sun's out again, the roads are awash and me wee princess is happily munching a piece of melted cheese on toast

Richard
    I had a good bike ... so I FIXED it

My Bikes
    2007 Specialized Sirrus Comp, 1988 Diamond Back Ascent
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like a great way to spend a morning.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
    but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --
    WOW!!! What a ride!"

My Bikes
    '96 Trek 5500 OCLV, '02 Trek 4500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mighty nice report. Great way to spend the day. I am checking the dictionary for some of the Aussie colloquialisms -- a bit hard to decipher!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"