Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Druelling Bibs Ready?

Ok. Picked it up and specs of the bike as below.

Weight as in pic 15lbs 1/2 oz
    Pedals and Bottle cage weigh 410 grammes so This is light

Crankset- Truvativ Elita Compact with 36/50 rings
    Wheels Shimano WHR 600
    Tyres Vredesten Fortezza 23's
    Easton EA 30 Bars and stem
    C.F.Seat post with micro adjust
    Fizic Aliante Sport saddle
    Ultegra Cassette and front Mech
    105 Brifters and Rear mech.
    Brakes are cheap No name but are proven by the shop owner and work.

Took a ride from the shop for 10 miles and a coffee and Pie (Lemon Meringue) Bearings are still tight but the C.F.Forks and seat post take a lot of buzz out of the stiff wheels and the 140PSI tyres. The mechanic at the shop has never set a bike up for me before and he only made two mistakes- Nose of the saddle was high and the Stem was flipped to low. He just took one look at me- and set everything else up perfectly. The Shimano A520 pedals I reserve my doubts at present as they are one sided and No adjustment for Pressure.

This thing is light and response on the pedals is instant. Steering is in no way sluggish and I thought the Giant was pretty direct.Tyre grip is as if on rails so no sneezing on this bike.

As I say- the bearings are still tight and lots of grease to work out so ride will get better. Got home- got it on the scales and checked the scales are right- Flipped the stem and adjusted the Tilt on the saddle. Compared to giant and only difference in the riding position is that the bars are 2" lower. Don't think that will be a problem as with the stem in the lower position it felt comfortable.

Price- A Lot- even by UK standards at 2,500 but that cannot be converted to US prices directly as Bikes over here are Expensive. It may be expensive but I think I have a lot of Bike for the money
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    06 Co-Motion Tandem, Fuji Team Pro mine,-Hers, Specialized Dolce
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet ride Stapfam. Now don't go taking that thing out in the dirt.
    Two blondes walked into a building-You think one of them would have seen it.
    2006 Co-Motion Roadster 2006 Fuji Team Pro, 2005 Specialized Dolce Comp, 2008 Orbea Diva (Red Riders Baby-"The Avocado")
    Custom Simonetti (thanks Steve)

My Bikes
    '05 Giant OCR1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a beauty, all right. Is that an aluminum frame? I've been looking at those pedals myself, would be interested in your impression after you've used them a while. Are you sure there's no adjustment? In the pisture it looks like there is an adjustment screw.

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the first pic of the bike pre-flipped or post-flipped?
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richjac
    It's a beauty, all right. Is that an aluminum frame? I've been looking at those pedals myself, would be interested in your impression after you've used them a while. Are you sure there's no adjustment? In the pisture it looks like there is an adjustment screw.
    There is an adjustment screw but I was looking in the wrong Place. It is aluminium and can't tell you the alloy but there Are spme additives to the Alloy.

I am used to the double sided M520 pedal so at present find it slightly difficult to only have a one sided pedal. In particular as they are still well greased and are not free running yet to present one side up- or down- or however it is supposed to work.

Now as to DG- It is not a reverse photo as I have bought an American Drive train, that is on the wrong side of the bike, So as not to confuse you.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan