Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

2 seater bikes... side x side

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-07, 04:59 PM
yourkard

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am doing research on the available 2 seater bikes - i've seen reviews on Rhoades but not may others. Looking for a relatively light model. Has anyone had experiences with bikes from Lightfoot, Quadracycle Inc, QuadrAcycle International, QuadrIcycle International or Ultimate-Quadracycle they would like to share?

Thanks.
Old 07-10-07, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've ridden a couple of them very briefly. One was called a Buddy Bike, I think--two big cushy seats side by side--and the other was a Quadracycle we tried to rent for a local 50-mile ride last summer, but when the guy found out what we planned to do, he wouldn't let us have it.
Main thing that struck me about both was that the components were cheap, assembly was marginal and the tubing was like plumbing pipe, rough and heavy and flexible. There are real disadvantages to the side-by-side layout, too, including a big increase in drag.
Old 07-10-07, 07:40 PM

Bikes: Custom Zona c/f tandem + Scott Plasma single

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Side-by-sides take up way too much room on the road . . . sample of a side-by-side attached
Attached Images
Old 07-10-07, 08:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Guy was telling me that he saw one of these things at Penn State last week. Thanks for the pix. I could not figure out what the heck he was talking about.