User Tag List

My Bikes
    '13 Felt Z3, '08 Jamis Aurora Elite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, puppies are a lot of work

Just checking in briefly until this "situation" levels out a bit. 8 week old puppies are a full-time effort.
    Did a little "weaning" today, Mrs Kaitai making a trip to the gym and, I? Well I got to ride today.
    Haven't done any off-roading since I got back from NY so today was Kaitai day.
    Well... until I rolled it out for the preride inspection and I hear "tink" "tink" "tink"
    Iiiiiiiii have a busted spoke Now, when did that happen?
    Dunno but so much for that. The Reno it is to be.

It's a sunny day on the coast but cool -quite- and pretty darn breezy out of the SSW.
    Of course that means my climb into the south end of town will be into the wind
    The climb back home will not be

So, I get to the turnaround and my backend feels loose. Oh, great, I have a flat. And I've never used my frame pump before. I'm not sure but I think it was set up for Schraders. Dang... now I have to figure out how to turn the valve around. The pump -while carbon (Oooooooo)- sucks. It doesn't "bite" on to the valve and it's just awkward. Well, I got it patched (not very well as it turns out. at least it waited until I got home) and off I went. Took the hard climb back out of Linda Mar. Funny, it's not quite as hard as it used to be. It's a good workout but cresting it doesn't feel as special as it once did.

Anyway, looks like bike repair day tomorrow. Kaitai wheel to the shop and it's time to put the Specialized Roubaix Armadillos on the LeMond.

See y'all later. Back to the little beast.
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sell the puppies.

Buy CO2 cartridges with the profits.

Buy bike #3: a cyclocross bike. Just don't tell Reno what you've done.

Ti #18 Senior.
    My Bikes
    Serotta Concours
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Puppies are a lot of work. But, the payback is wonderful. My wife is the trainer for our 12 week old Dachshund puppy. The pup is absolutely great - most of the time.

Jim

My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx SXM, LeMond Buenos Aires, Cannondale Road Warrior 1000 plus a couple of comforts (Specialized Crossroads and Giant Cyprus) and a beater mtb for around town.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with the new family member.

Remember: Unfortunately, kittens eventually turn into cats....fortunately, puppies eventually turn into dogs.

Oh, and LeMonds cure all ills.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
    --Ben Franklin

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tlc20010
    Good luck with the new family member.

Remember: Unfortunately, kittens eventually turn into cats....fortunately, puppies eventually turn into dogs.

Oh, and LeMonds cure all ills.
    Get at least one of each, they keep each other in ballance.

My Bikes
    Serotta Fierte
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaiKaiTai
    Just checking in briefly until this "situation" levels out a bit. 8 week old puppies are a full-time effort.

I can confirm that puppies are a LOT of work. We are in the process of housetraining our newest addition, an ~11 wk old lab/chow mix. She's a doll, but we are still having accidents, fortunately mostly of the liquid variety, about 1-2 accidents per day. She's doing pretty good, I have to give her credit, but dang, it's pretty constant.

Does your puppy sleep well at night? We are very blessed, our puppy climbs in her crate and sleeps all night w/nary a peep (or pee, for that matter) She's good til morning when we get up.

And what is up w/frame pumps? It seems like anytime I get my hands on a pump of any sort, all my fingers turn into thumbs. I either let all the air out of my tires or end up w/a softer tires than I started with. Very frustrating. I can't actually blame the pump, though, I am sure it's an operator error.

Colleen
    Time she's a fast moving train, she's here, then she's gone and she won't come back again.
    Townes Van Zandt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Puppies are about the most fun work there is though... Good luck Ken, remember to stop and smell the puppy breath. And take lots of pictures, you'll want them someday.
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have fun with those puppies. My granddaughters just got a 3 month old puppy and I'm having a great time with him. I love the idea of being able to play with him and not have to worry about the housebreaking, etc
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Puppies are exhausting - it is a good thing they are cute. My pup is now 1 1/2yrs old - I was so glad he is grown and not in a constant state of trying to kill himself or destroy something. But two weeks ago he broke his leg while playing with another dog - freak accident. He is doing fine now (except for the keeping him quiet thing) - but had to have emergency surgery at a specialty vet the day after it happened - so he seems to go back to trying to kill himself... Hmm maybe it was better when he was little...
    My old pup is 11 - but I still think of her as my little puppy princess