Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

View Poll Results: New Nashbar web design.

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like it.

8 27.59%
  • Hate it.

5 17.24%
  • Donít care.

16 55.17%
    My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Nashbar web design.

Am I the only one that hates the new design? I hate having picture windows popping up as I drag the mouse around hiding text I want to look at. It's like trying to navigate a minefield. Not only that it's obviously much slower due to all the added crap downloading of which I would have never wanted to look at. Granted I will still visit and look for good deals and stuff I need but I liked the old design better. Maybe it's being over 50 and resistant to changes? Perhaps but it was still faster and for me better than the current design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dislike all sites with pop-ups, Java, Flash, and sound. Basically, "If it ain't HTML, they can go to Hell." I hate shopping, and consequently want to make the process as simple and quick as possible.

As for the design, the over 50 crowd should find it familiar -- it reminds me of the garish advertising pages in comic books of the 1950s. All they are missing as the X-Ray glasses.

Paul

My Bikes
    '96 Trek 5500 OCLV, '05 Trek 6500 SLR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I like the new design. Works good for me!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Since Nashbar is part of Performance, it would appear unstoppable that they would use the same web designers. In the modern business world, it appears that people keep having to reinvent the wheel to convince everyone that they should be employed.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that EBAY tried a new design for a day or so. I (and I hope many others) quickly fired off an email saying I hated it. Fortunately it stopped after a day or so.

Perhaps it like n4zou says, I'm over 50 and I dislike change for no purpose other than change.

Beware Nashbar and people like you.........I vote with my wallet.

SSP
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200, Specialized MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The color choices are bizarre...I found them to be quite irritating. As for layout and navigation - not too bad (about the same as it used to be I think).

At least it's not Flash or JSP.
    CycliStats.com - Software for Cyclists
    WeightWare.com - Weight Management Software

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny, I voted "don't care", THEN went to the site.

After viewing the site...I kinda like it. But I still don't care.

My Bikes
    1980 Schwinn World Sport, 1982 Schwinn Super Le Tour, 1984 (?) Univega Single Speed/Fixed conversion, Kogswell G58 fixed gear, 1987 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had to make me look, didn't you?

Layout seems about the same as before. Awesome colors! Just what I would have used.

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind it too much. Once you figure out how it's designed to work, it's easy to move your mouse to get what you want. I kind of like getting a zoom view without having to click and wait. The colors wake me up, but ... they work. After all, it's a catalog!

My Bikes
    Flat bar road bike, trail bike and MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the buttons I use seem to be in same place. I almost always clicked on more pictures, so now the site is faster, don't have to click. Although that yellow is bright. Don't believe I'll be shoppin in wee hours of morning. I couldn't find the selection for returned stuff, maybe they stopped selling it. Also what has become my favorite saddle is no longer offered....Velo Newport.
    BierHaus Bertolette Road Bike, built 2007
    BierHaus SRT Trail Bike, built 2010
    Fuji Mt. Pro - 2007

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The color sucks, but the layout and navigation looks the same as before. The no-click pictures are handy but slightly annoying when you get them by mistake. Far better than the ones at Performance where you can't avoid rolling over them. I hate the Performance site.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guybierhaus
    Also what has become my favorite saddle is no longer offered....Velo Newport.
    It could be back. I think they pulled some of the products during the 20% off sale that is going on. I noticed other products that were rarely discounted were also gone.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    The color choices are bizarre...I found them to be quite irritating. As for layout and navigation - not too bad (about the same as it used to be I think).

At least it's not Flash or JSP.
    The color choices are fast food restaurant colors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While vocal, and noble, and insightful, and hellishly fast riding, the BF50Plus crowd is not a great percentage of the biking, buying Nashbar market. I don't think they give a darn.....but our opinions are, of course, duly noted. Still preferable to the elitism at Colorado Cyclist (try seeing if they stock Tiagra levers or KMC chains!)

My Bikes
    Merlin Fortius, Specialized Crossroads & Rockhopper, Serotta Fierte, Pedal Force RS2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - don't really care about the design...

- but the bad part of the Nashbar 're-design' is the new policy change of now charging your cc when you purchase, *not* when your order is shipped...

- buh-bye, Nashbar!

My Bikes
    Giant TCR Comp 1 Road Bike, Specialized Mountain Bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx
    Since Nashbar is part of Performance . . .
    I didn't know that . . .

I usually shop at Performance so I don't pay much attention to the Nashbar site.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Performance owns Nashbar and owned Supergo before they closed them. At one point (maybe still) the customer service dept was the same. Sometimes you could call one and get an accidental answer for the other.