It seems we bike riders seem to have the best excuses ever to justify more bikes and more new gear. We buy last years bikes because they are on sale to only covet the current model because it is painted maybe "white?""--sorry couldn't resist--------or the chain stays are a new type of carbon, or the top tube is eliptical carbon. Then some get into the "weight weenie" syndrome. Fortunately, I have enough weight on my middle, I can't justify spending money on lighter components.
But then, the excuses (saddles excepted on this one w/all deference to George and beelz and my own butt, perinium prostate, soft tissue and what ever else is lurking in the nether regions) that we use to buy new gear sometimes reaches on the ridiculous.
1. If I spend enought money on this bike to make me uncomfortable, I will ride it every day.
2. My current bike shorts are too tight. I'll buy these new ones and never have to go back to the larges
3. When the Bike Friday comes in, I'll have enough time to take that with me every time I travel and won't have to rent so many cars
4. Etc. Etc........
Then, what have we bought that actually was justified.
1. Garmin. The info is mind boggling. I can really judge what my fitness level is.
2. Good biking shorts.
3. Perpetuum for long riding trips and Endurolytes
4. Gel gloves
5. Specialized Alias saddle (my nether region loves it)
So the question is,
What are the silly reasons you have justified all the new bike and eqpt. purchases, and what really worked out???????