Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Let's Discuss Food,,,

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Let's Discuss Food,,,

Old 07-14-07, 06:45 PM
Don't mince words

Bikes: '16 BH Quartz, 2017 Calfeecustom carbon tandem, Fuji D6 TT bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
Dark chocolate and red wine.
A man after my own heart!
Old 07-14-07, 06:47 PM
Don't mince words

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BSLeVan
I grew up in my grandmother's kitchen, and she was a world class chef. So, I've got receipes galore along with almost 250 cookbooks. However, last night I did make one of my favorites. A 14 inch pizza from scratch with crab meat, scallions, Cabots extra sharp chedder cheese, capers, a small amount of poblano peppers, and a whole wheat crust with herbs mixed in. I was in gastronomical heaven!

Oh, and for the folks who posted some version of "dark chocolate with..." You all forgot one: dark chocolate with, well more dark chocolate.
Sigh. What a wonderful pizza!

+1 on the chocolate with chocolate.
Old 07-14-07, 06:50 PM
Don't mince words

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cgallagh
There is a sign in my Kitchen. It says "Chris's Kitchen".

Tonight I am preparing 12-15 ct Gulf Shrimp, marinated in Korean BBQ Sauce, quick grilled over a hot grill. Along with that we have Grilled vegetables such as red bell, zucchini, red onion, crimini mushrooms and jalapenos, drizzled with an olive oil/balsamic vinegar, ginger baste. Two ears of fresh white Brentwood corn will go on the grill, still in the husk. We have a blended Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Viognier chilled just right for the drink. I made peach turnovers from our little, sweet, white peaches from our backyard tree for dessert.

I have a 43 year old North of Scotland single malt scotch and a good cigar for the patio later.

We had a good ride today. 45 miles 19.6 mph overall average. We are getting stronger. Tomorrow is another hill day.
It's Chris's kitchen, Deborah's oven.

I'm baking whole wheat bread, to be served with butter and homemade (not by us) peach jam. Back in the early 70's I had this yen to be a hippie-earth-mother and learned to bake bread. I don't make it nearly as often any more but there's nothing like fresh-baked bread to make a house smell like home, and to fuel up for a challenging ride the next day.

What time is dinner served?