ReNewing Rider
    My Bikes
    old 10-speed...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting back Into It....Again

I haven't been around here for awhile. Unfortunately, I also haven't been riding. Just after buying my Trek, I had to fly from SoCal to Pittsburgh every week for work for an 8-week stretch. I'd leave on Sunday morning and get back on Friday afternoon leaving me with a 36-hr weekend. For the first few "weekends" I managed to squeeze rides in on Saturday. Then, I got a bad cold and missed 2 weekends. When the 8 weeks were up and I got home, it was over 100 degrees every day for over week plus I got another cold (2 in one month - a new record for me....ughhhh). Now, I'm home for a couple of weeks, it's cooler, my 2nd cold is just about over, bought a new seat, and got the tilt adjustment problem solved. NO MORE EXCUSES!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bingo! NO MORE EXCUSES! Although I do know what you mean. In the last three months, I've spent 40 days in Pittsburgh (two days at a time), and I had to drive 300 miles one way each trip. I like Pittsburgh, but I also like my bike. Eventually the bike won out, and I've managed to arrange my schedule to give me more riding time. It also helps that my family knows that when I'm home, I need at least an hour or more a day of riding or I get really cranky.
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx SXM, LeMond Buenos Aires, Cannondale Road Warrior 1000 plus a couple of comforts (Specialized Crossroads and Giant Cyprus) and a beater mtb for around town.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the no more excuses excuse. Now go riding. It will make you feel so much better. Post your progress.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
    --Ben Franklin

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would it help if we called you a big wuss?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good God, I do so love it when somebody else gives in like I finally did.
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.

ReNewing Rider
    My Bikes
    old 10-speed...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got back out for a ride today. It was a bit hotter (91F) than I'd hoped but still the ride felt great. The new split saddle (Serfas RX) feels much better than the stock Trek did especially after the slight tilt adjustment. I put the saddle nose down one notch and it shifted my weight back a bit where both me and the seat have plenty of padding. It was really nice not to feel any of the all too familiar sitz bone pain today.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringrazor
    It was a bit hotter (91F) than I'd hoped
    We would call that a cold front.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

ReNewing Rider
    My Bikes
    old 10-speed...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was triple digits for 10 days or so thru the 4th but at least the humidity is low. Your kinda "wet" heat floors me.