Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First ride with Cascade Bicycle Club

I generally prefer to ride alone or with a small group. But new to Seattle area, I decided to try a new route in the company of experienced cyclists. It was billed as 75 miles, some hills, moderate pace with a 9:00 AM start time. Good group of about 30 riders, with most in the 50+ category and lots of high end bikes. It was a good ride, the large group was not a problem. After lunch had digested three of us set off at a slightly faster pace and finished the ride in 4 hrs 15 min (riding time).

As my birthday is coming up (56), and I was feeling fine I tacked on the remaining miles for my first century of the year.

My congrats to the Cascade Club, and ride leader Bob.
    '81 Austro Daimler Olympian, '86 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, '87 DeRosa Professional, '99 Calfee TetraPro, '03(?) Macalu Cirrus, '04 Tallerico, '97 Co-Motion Tandem

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildwood
    As my birthday is coming up (56), and I was feeling fine I tacked on the remaining miles for my first century of the year.

My congrats to the Cascade Club, and ride leader Bob.
    Group riding must agree with you. Well done.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan