My Bikes
    old 10-speed...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bike Comp Decisions

I tried posting this in the Electronics... section but no responses:

I still need a bike computer for my '07 Trek Pilot 1.2 but have been overwhelmed with the choices. Initially I wanted the Polar 200cad since it seemed to be packed with features for under $200 but reviews here have been less than stellar (problematic operation, remote batteries not replaceable, data upload nearly useless). I don't want to spend the money for a Garmin model. So, should I forget about cadence, heartrate, and upload functions and just get an inexpensive speedo/odo (which?) or take a chance on the Polar?

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If your going to commit that much money why not go all the way to a garmin gps.

I have inexpensive wired units and expensive wireless/cadence. They both tell me how fast I'm going when I look.

It might be fun though to see all that data from a garmin flashing up on the monitor.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx
    If your going to commit that much money why not go all the way to a garmin gps.

I have inexpensive wired units and expensive wireless/cadence. They both tell me how fast I'm going when I look.

It might be fun though to see all that data from a garmin flashing up on the monitor.
    Have to agree. By all the reports around- The garmin seems to be the best. For a bike computer- all you need is a basic one. What you WANT is a different matter.

Rethink your needs and save a bit more for the best.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan