Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 07-15-07, 02:13 PM   #1
momof4greatkids

Bikes: Serotta Fierte
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
did a little off-road w/my daughter today

...something funny happened. We were riding along some pretty rough trails and we kept smelling poop. Well here she had inadvertently rode through some poop and it got on her bike, the top tube, and ended up smeared on her leg and then on her shorts! ewwwwww, yucky!

Well we cut our ride short came home and showered, and we're good as new. Even though we only went three miles, we are rewarding ourselves w/a nice dinner at the local Mexican restaurant.
momof4greatkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-07, 02:37 PM   #2
Yen
Surly Girly

Bikes:
Eeeeeewwwwwwww! That nice dinner out should make it all seem worthwhile.
Old 07-15-07, 02:42 PM   #3
Beverly
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
A ride like that deserves a nice dinner out

We need to dodge the goose crap on the river trails in our area. I hate it when it rains because it spreads out and is hard to see. The only evidence of it is the smell and green spots all over your legs and shoes

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith
Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-07, 02:46 PM   #4
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Now it all depends on what sort of Poop. I ride up on the hills and Cow sheep and Horse are not too bad a problem. Sheep does stain the tubing on the bike but as its quite firm- it normally falls off if it hits clothing or skin. Horse is not too bad as it is mainly straw and grass and is normally in big piles so you can miss it. Now soft runny cowpats are a different matter. You have to be in the lead on a group and you have to learn to bunny hop so that only the back wheel hits the pat. Then you don't get it but everyone else does.

The one that gets me is Dog Sh*&. I try to stay away from the vicinity of car parks thanks to the thought less owners of dogs that take the dog for a run by taking a trip to a Car Park on the hills, letting the Dog out to have a run while they finish the McD's and Giant Soda . They never clean up after their dog and you can guess where the fast food wrappers go.

Hope you managed to clean up before the mexican- but for me if it is the choice of a Big runny cow pat waiting to be splattered or a mexican- I'll bunny hop the cowpat.

Spike Milligan
stapfam is offline   Reply With Quote