User Tag List

My Bikes
    1984 Peugeot P8; 2006 Trek 5200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Birthday Ride

Tues is the official day so I set out this morning for a nice 53 mile jaunt through the hills west of Winston Salem, (sorry no pics this year). The morning was just cool enough. I'd had a good breakfast extra water and juice carried two large water bottles, 1/2 PBJ sandwich and 6 fig newtons.
    The ride went very well, I left the house a little after 8:00am and by 11:00 while on the return trip I just began to feel the heat of the day and felt a little fatigued. Arrived back at home around 11:45 total mileage 55.25 which gave me a couple of extra to spare. Riding time 3:17 minutes avg speed 16.8mph.
    I was surprised to feel fatigued coming back into town, but rationalized that this year I have not been doing many rides more than 35 miles and most at just 16. Although in total miles I am ahead of last year the lack of distance riding showed today.
    Anyway, the birthday is Tues, I will pick up my Garmin 305 with HRM and cadence and I am still looking at grass from the green side so all is well.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice birthday ride! Enjoy the Garmin - it has more information than anyone could use but it's fun to look at the stats from rides.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the birthday victory, and happy birthday!! I'm envious of your average over that distance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p8rider
    Tues is the official day so I set out this morning....
    Mine is 7/17 as well, but 1951.
    Happy Birthday to us, Happy Birthday to us....

I also have a vintage Peugeot.
    '81 Austro Daimler Olympian, '87 DeRosa Professional, '91 Gary Fisher SuperCaliber, 1999 Calfee TetraPro, '03(?) Macalu Cirrus, '04 Tallerico, '97 Co-Motion Tandem