My Bikes
    Trek 7.6 FX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've fallen in love...

With a Crown Jewel Ti.

All the symptoms are there, wistful longing, sleepless nights, return trips to the LBS to catch a glimpse of her in the neon glow, and then there was that day when our bodies met as one, she was me and I was hers. Oh that special time we had cruising the local development, getting to know our most intimate parts, pushing the limits of ecstasy, daring to go places I had not gone before.

She is the pride of New England, built with a proud Independent Massachusetts frame and dressed in the finest Italian fashions. Her very Fabrication worthy of the Gods.

Oh but the dowry, I am but a humble corporate worker, barely eking out a living on a assembly line of bytes and bits. My shrewish wife doth ripeth my meager pay from my hands before I am through the door. Oh how can I pay such a steep dowry to hath that Titanium Temptress and live in polyamorous bliss forever?

What be thouest advice to this pinning BF'er, should I suffer the slings and arrows of an outraged spouse, or take up ATMs against a big invoice and by applying for credit oppose them?
    Trek 7.6 FX
    IF Club Racer
    ---
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them - Albert Einstein.

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep it at my house. Ride it when you can. I'll never tell.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't help you with your dilemma, but I can tell you I had to take a cold shower after reading your post.

Do I use too many commas?
    My Bikes
    Giant Yukon SE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend would buy a new *** and instead of taking it home would stop at afriend's house. The friend would then drive over and "return" the *** he had borrowed. I don't think she ever did catch on.

Maybe you can try that with the bike? If it's a 58 cm you could drop it off with me!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you should move to Utah.

Happy Rider
    My Bikes
    Gold Rush, Moots compact, Bike Friday Pocket Crusoe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freemti View Post
    With a Crown Jewel Ti.

All the symptoms are there, wistful longing, sleepless nights, return trips to the LBS to catch a glimpse of her in the neon glow, and then there was that day when our bodies met as one, she was me and I was hers. Oh that special time we had cruising the local development, getting to know our most intimate parts, pushing the limits of ecstasy, daring to go places I had not gone before.

She is the pride of New England, built with a proud Independent Massachusetts frame and dressed in the finest Italian fashions. Her very Fabrication worthy of the Gods.

Oh but the dowry, I am but a humble corporate worker, barely eking out a living on a assembly line of bytes and bits. My shrewish wife doth ripeth my meager pay from my hands before I am through the door. Oh how can I pay such a steep dowry to hath that Titanium Temptress and live in polyamorous bliss forever?

What be thouest advice to this pinning BF'er, should I suffer the slings and arrows of an outraged spouse, or take up ATMs against a big invoice and by applying for credit oppose them?
    I think you have missed your calling being an "humble corporate worker, barely eking out a living on a assembly line of bytes and bits" when you could be turning out novels about torid love affairs between 2 humans, and not a bike and a human, making millions. Then you could buy a fleet of any bike you so desired!!

ps: my love affair is with a Moots Ti--and I own her.
    Bike to live, live to eat!!

Ridin' The Line
    My Bikes
    Trek Madone 5.2 (2008)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trek Madone

Having not riden for fifteen years, I went shopping for my first new bike. I looked and looked and looked but couldn't find what I was looking for. Then one day, I saw the bike of my dreams. She was the essence of my very being. She belonged to me. Imagine my delight when my wife, looking at my Dunlop gut replied, its still cheaper than bypass surgery! The next day I called every Trek dealer within fifty miles. I found my "baby" within five miles of where I live. She is a 2008 Trek Madone 5.2. I've had her for three weeks now and have just gone over 365 miles. She is a delight to ride and every mile is as good as the first! My only problem? My wife doesn't want to share our bedroom. I wonder if I want an apartment or Condo...

My Bikes
    Recumbent
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NICE

I ride to coast !!!

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingkeel View Post
    Having not riden for fifteen years, I went shopping for my first new bike. I looked and looked and looked but couldn't find what I was looking for. Then one day, I saw the bike of my dreams. She was the essence of my very being. She belonged to me. Imagine my delight when my wife, looking at my Dunlop gut replied, its still cheaper than bypass surgery! The next day I called every Trek dealer within fifty miles. I found my "baby" within five miles of where I live. She is a 2008 Trek Madone 5.2. I've had her for three weeks now and have just gone over 365 miles. She is a delight to ride and every mile is as good as the first! My only problem? My wife doesn't want to share our bedroom. I wonder if I want an apartment or Condo...
    I have read a write up on the 2008 Madone and I think this is possibly the first Trek That I would consider. Good choice of bike but where the pics and the ride report?

As to FreemTI getting the bike of his dreams- Just do as I did- Told the wife that I was getting a new bike so I could get out more often(Which I am) It would improve My health(Which it may be) and as soon as the bike settled in- I would be selling the Old bike (Which I haven't and have no intention of doing as I Need a spare bike for the winter evening rides)

This was not a TI bike but is a top end bike and just about emptied the savings account. Still had to put it on plastic for a month but I can tell you now These top end bikes that for the cost should be Gold plated at the least- Are worth their weight in Gold for the ridability and Sense of pride they bring to your one and only hobby.

So find a way of getting your dream- Buy the wife a bunch of flowers or give her your old bike so she can join you on the rides. OR threaten her that no more bunches of flowers and she WILL accompany you on rides- if that will have a better effect.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    Buy the wife a bunch of flowers or give her your old bike so she can loin you on the rides.
    If you get your wife to loin you on the rides, we must have pics!

Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Gee View Post
    If you get your wife to loin you on the rides, we must have pics!

Edited and corrected as I thought that the pics might get you too excited.

Spike Milligan

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    Edited and corrected as I thought that the pics might get you too excited.
    Sigh.
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    Electra Rockabilly Boogie, Electra Deluxe 3, Sector 9 Goddess (my skateboard!) and soon... A full-suspension mountain rig!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We want pics!!!!!! We want pics!!!

My Bikes
    Trek 7.6 FX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the object of my affections

I would of course insist she wear the clothes & jewelry I pick and of course no tattoos for my concubine - just a understated elegance.
    Trek 7.6 FX
    IF Club Racer
    ---
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them - Albert Einstein.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingkeel View Post
    She is a 2008 Trek Madone 5.2. I've had her for three weeks now and have just gone over 365 miles.
    I am so jealous! I fell in love with them the first time I saw them.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freemti View Post
    This is the object of my affections

I would of course insist she wear the clothes & jewelry I pick and of course no tattoos for my concubine - just a understated elegance.
    Thats it--- You just have to get it. That is Perfection- Buy a bigger bunch of flowers.

Spike Milligan