Join Date: May 2005
Location: Penniless Park, Fla.
Bikes: Merlin Fortius, Specialized Crossroads & Rockhopper, Serotta Fierte, Pedal Force RS2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
- there are peds, other riders, and many high-school cross-country teams, but everyone seemed well behaved:
- it's amazing how much trees and other greenery affect temps on the trail:
- buckeye trees (Aesculus glabra
) shed during summer, and litter areas with many leaves (not a good choice for landscaping one's yard!):
- which way? do i go left:
- or right?:
- i went right, avoiding the Canadian geese on the left path (nasty creatures that leave little 'presents' in numerous quantities, reluctantly saunter out of the way, and 'Hisssss!' at you when you slowly pedal by); you can see them grazing in the previous pic if you look closely)... parts of the path are still being landscaped, so the little trees make you feel like you're in the Land of the Giants:
- and finally, the loop proper terminates over a little bridge; a number of miles can be added with off-loop cruising through quiet neighborhoods nearby, shunting to the Joyce Park entrance, or a cut through the back end of the park...
- all in all, a fun ride that gives me a nice 15-mile+ loop with a little shade on a hot summer's day!