Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx SXM, LeMond Buenos Aires, Cannondale Road Warrior 1000 plus a couple of comforts (Specialized Crossroads and Giant Cyprus) and a beater mtb for around town.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saris, a company to do business with

A few weeks ago, I had an unfortunate run in with Ms. Inattentive who ran into the back of my car and ruined my bike and broke the bike rack. Thinking I had nothing to lose (but not expecting much, either) I sent the broken rack back (a Saris Bones 2) to the manufacturer, Saris in Wisconsin.

I figured the small print on the "Lifetime Warranty" would be voided by accident, misuse or anything else they could think of to weasel out of it. Imagine my surprise when three days later, I got a voice mail from a woman named Wren at Saris who said that they would fix my rack up and ship it back out to me.

Turns out she was not quite telling the truth. They did not fix it.........Today I received via UPS a BRAND NEW Bones 2.

Now that is a company I plan to do business with for the rest of my biking days....and maybe beyond

So if you are in the market for a rack, I would highly recommend that you give them serious consideration. www.saris.com
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
    --Ben Franklin

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a nice surprise. Next time I'm in the market for another rack I'll keep them in mind.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Ol' Paint
    My Bikes
    90s(?)Bianchi Advantage, '68 Raleigh Grand Prix, 80s(?) Raleigh Gran Sport mixte, '95 Schwinn Clear Creek, '88(?) Fuji, '69 Schwinn Flyer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great tip. I'm definitely for patronizing companies that have good customer service.
    "In my cathedral,
    colored glass holds no candle to
    sunlight through trees."
    -- Leon Briggs

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Saris was located in Minnesota, you would have never heard from them again.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tlc20010 View Post
    Now that is a company I plan to do business with for the rest of my biking days....and maybe beyond www.saris.com

Given the high quality of their racks, and baring any additional "accidents", it should be the last rack you'll ever need. That is quality service.
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredible service!

Any news on the bike?

My Bikes
    Della Santa, Bike Friday Air Glide, 1974 Schwinn Paramount, Cannondale t2000 Touring, Cannondale r500 Road Silk, LeMond Buenos Aires, Trek 7000 mtn bike, Sears and Roebuck[ made by Puch. I have had up to 36 bikes at one time. I am a sick person.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a Saris Thelma rack. Before I purchased it I called Saris and asked them if it would fit a Prius and allow the hatch to be opened with the rack folded or with a bike on the rack. [ I had read in the Prius forum that it would.] The fellow didn't know for sure but said he would get back to me. In a couple of days he called and said it should work ok and it does. I am also now a Saris fan. The Thelma is a great rack by the way.

Yen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! That's amazing customer service. I read great comments about Saris when we were shopping for a rack. That's a shining light in the aftermath of your accident.
    Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Surly Long Haul Trucker

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they have a place on their website where the OP could leave a testimonial?
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
    If Saris was located in Minnesota, you would have never heard from them again.
    Why?

I have a Saris, and it's a great rack, too.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every once in a while I just have to kick Minnesota around.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. I guess we'll have keep an eye on the natives in our playground.

My Bikes
    88 Fisher Gemini tandem, 92 Trek 970, 07 Nashbar Frame, 08 Gary Fisher Paragon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had great luck with Saris Racks. The customers seem to love them, and our shop takes the time to fit them to the car and show the customer how to do it. Even if they DIY the rack themselves, we take the time to help them if there is an issue later. Had one Customer think that he had to take all the arms off to change position, or at least take it off the car to do it. LOL! Showed him the center section and the light bulb went on! LOL!

Saris has GREAT support to the LBS and to the end users. Had our REP in the other day and he had not met me being a newbie in the shop. He took the time to run me through the tech info to make sure I was up to speed.

As with anything, I like to use what I sell. Just wish the shop would sell Yakima stuff because I have a TON of that on my Jeep.
    A Mess of old bikes...
    92 Trek 970
    08 Gary Fisher Paragon

My Bikes
    Specialized Allez Elite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same kind of experience years ago with a Fender guitar...the bridge was pulling off the face and the guitar was out of warranty. Sent it to them anyway, figuring I would pay for the repair. Instead, they sent me a new guitar, no charge! When you find these kind of companies that stand behind thier products, stick to them! I'll be in the market for a new rack in the spring, and I will keep Saris in mind because of this thread....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Article several years ago about guys sticking their Mt. bikes on the roof rack and then driving into the garage to cash in on the "Lifetime" frame warranty.

South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR-C, Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 05 Rockhopper, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 01 Bianchi Campione, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 97 Lemond
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a Saris Bones, great rack. Very flexible, does not mar our SUV or mini-van. It's great for road bikes, OK for hardtail MTB's, but its a struggle to mount the dual suspension MTB. Once loaded, the rack is very secure.
    Roccobike BF Official Thread Terminator