My Bikes
    Not enough
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st Ride in 7 weeks

I'm back in USA on a busines trip, been in Cebu Philippines since Jun 27th,
    Got on my Steelman yesterday @ dawn, rode 20 miles. Still got It! (bad pun huh?) - Was worried on muscle loss, I walked alot during long wait for my goods to arrive by boat, gave up running due to Achilles Heel pain. This morning I feel good. AH slighly stiffer than usual, but What a Ride. 64 desgrees at start, FROZE!.
    I did notice, I set a fast pace, avg 15.9 for 20 miles. But legs were shot, couldn't have kept it much longer. Endurace was definitely lost.
    Headed back the 29th, hope to get in 150 miles by then.

Bikes shipped are in Manilla held by customs. They want to see my passport! Hope no problems.

Riding a bike - Ain't Life GRAND!!!!!!
    **Fate is a fickle thing, and in the end the true measure of a person is not fate itself, but how they master it**

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't take long to get back to normal- But if you like- Your normal could be lower.

Just don't push hard for a while and just get the milage and hence stamina up before you go for the 25mph 60 mile ride.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Not enough
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE 8/26 Words of Wisdom Stapfam and I took your advice. I rode 22 the next day, then 10 miles for 4 days v- easy, one rest day and did 44.5 this morning. Total = 127. Dang it felt great.

I was surprised that I had strength, but wasn't suprised I did not have endurance. But its coming back fast.

I will taper as I Return to Cebu Wednesday. Long trip, Legs ache on those 12 hr flights. Good News, I should have my bikes (household goods) ready the week after I return. I get to burn up the roads. Bad news, Terrorists are active, They caught one in a Super ferry in Cebu headed to manilla. Local security advises to stay out of Malls, normal crowded places.
    http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...mb-Courier.php
    **Fate is a fickle thing, and in the end the true measure of a person is not fate itself, but how they master it**

My Bikes
    Not enough
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well - I'm flying out tomorrow, Did 154 miles total. Endurance getting better, am very happy with progress. Did a hilly 27 today, felt good till last hill.
    Weighed 188 going over jun 27
    weighed 191 day back aug 17
    weigh 187 as of this a.m.

I sure enjoyed being an active member of this forum again. Thanks All - soon as I get my bikes, I'll post again.