Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hilly Hellacious

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pb...D=200770822051

Typical story that we hear a lot on 50+. Will be my 4th or 5th time. With the heat and my lack of riding the last couple months Sunday's ride will probably be a real test of wills just to finish. Gotta wonder if I'll bag the 100 miler and opt for the metric midway through the ride............

My Bikes
    Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck, I bet there's enough leftover conditioning in you, you'll do fine. I'm a bit apprehensive about the Hotter 'N Hell Hundred I'm riding Saturday, too, bronchitis stricken that I am. Give us a report, and I'll share mine.
    Bud
    * 2009 RANS XStream
    * 2007 RANS Stratus XP
    * 2006 Bacchetta Corsa
    My Blog - uneasy-rider.com

They told me it's ok to post mileage over in the commuting forum, so you'll probably find me there these days.

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have fun, guys. That's what it's all about.

bobby c and I are in for the Blue Ridge Extreme on Sunday. I'm preparing right now by drinking a glass of wine and eating some Puffins (cereal, not the bird). It'll be interesting reading everyone's reports.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

My Bikes
    '13 Felt Z3, '08 Jamis Aurora Elite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything you would even consider climbing is beyond my imagination right now. Literally.
    I stand in awe and respect of what you can and DO do on two wheels.

But JT is exactly right. Above all, this -what we do; ride- is supposed to be fun.
    You'll know what to do. You'll feel it. Luuuuuuuuuuke.
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't been out much myself recently but decided in the week just to go out and ride. Night ride so out on the giant- took a couple of 12% hills in as a warm up and decided I wanted more hills- Rode 15 miles to get to some new ones and They were great. Not that steep or long as I am used to but good riding- Got home and 70 miles done- the last 2 hours of it on the spare lamp as I forgot to get a full charge in the Big light..

So I took in 70 miles with a few hills and slopes and I haven't the core strength that you have. Why not pack a pannier on the bike- Take a picnic and enjoy the ride instead of hammering as a way to get back? Knowing you- I'll give it 15 miles before you get with a pack and start moving along again.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Bianchi xl boron, Trek WSD, Comotion Speedster, Giant TCR Advanced
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot

I did the Hotter than Hell in 2001 and it was the hottest I've ever been (and I went to high school in Phoenix). The medical tents and sags were full for the last 35 miles. If I had known what I know now, I would have taken out a one day license and tailed off the 5 race. I made the mistake of not stopping at the third stop and ran out of water. Ouch!

Frank