Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   I must be getting younger (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/337142-i-must-getting-younger.html)

card 08-26-07 09:52 AM

I must be getting younger

I was out riding this morning and a friend of mine was coming off another road and I caught her when I came down the hill. She had ridden the Hotter n Hell yesterday and was out on a recovery ride and I was finishing getting a good ride in on my new recumbent. She said she was going to ride some more and did I want to go. Being as she is beautiful.....................I said yes.:o

She is 24 years younger and 80 lbs. lighter, riding a carbon DF.............and did I say she is very pretty**********???............so we were tooling along for another 5 miles and we came to a hill.:cry:

My maximum heart rate has been around 158. My moniter beeped, and my heart was 168.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO, If my maximum heart rate is 10 beats faster, it must mean I'm 10 years younger. No********************? Or maybe it was beating just from riding w/a pretty lady.

Anyway, when I got back to my turnoff, she thanked me for riding w/her and said she would be getting in touch to ride more.:beer:

Now, if I can just survive the hills around here.:D

Digital Gee 08-26-07 10:04 AM

Well done. You realize were rocking the cradle, as they say. :D I shall raise a glass to your good fortune!

card 08-26-07 10:13 AM

Good fortune has some drawbacks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

she's married:cry::cry::cry:

BluesDawg 08-26-07 10:14 AM

Watch out. Younger women will make you older faster than anything I know.

card 08-26-07 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by BluesDawg (Post 5147411)
Watch out. Younger women will make you older faster than anything I know.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

That's funny.

BTW, are you speaking from experience**********????;)

Wildwood 08-26-07 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by BluesDawg (Post 5147411)
Younger women will make you older faster than anything I know.

Younger MARRIED can make you older fast, and younger jealous husbands and make you deader fast. Watch your back.

Kurt Erlenbach 08-26-07 12:17 PM

Never, ever, underestimate the affect of a pretty woman on a middle-aged man.

cyclezealot 08-26-07 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by card (Post 5147338)
My maximum heart rate has been around 158. My moniter beeped, and my heart was 168.
SOOOOOOOOOOOO, If my maximum heart rate is 10 beats faster, it must mean I'm 10 years younger. No********************? Or maybe it was beating just from riding w/a pretty lady.
Anyway, when I got back to my turnoff, she thanked me for riding w/her and said she would be getting in touch to ride more.:beer:
Now, if I can just survive the hills around here.:D

So did you bother to note what happened to your HRM as she pedaled off into the sunset? What cycling does to people. I have come up to and pass some obvious female with incredible legs. He pig tail protruding thru her helmet. then I see her face and she is like 70. It has happened more than once.

CrossChain 08-26-07 12:30 PM

She's married? But maybe she has a kid sister.

Mojo Slim 08-26-07 12:46 PM

Put her in front of your garage door and get a picture!

cccorlew 08-26-07 12:56 PM

So, what do you attribute the hummingbird heart rate to?

Was there really a hill, or was it just the scenery?

Inquiring minds......

card 08-26-07 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by kerlenbach@cfl. (Post 5147897)
Never, ever, underestimate the affect of a pretty woman on a middle-aged man.

So true.................

Originally Posted by cyclezealot (Post 5147915)
So did you bother to note what happened to your HRM as she pedaled off into the sunset? What cycling does to people..

Yep, my heart started to feel like it might stay in my body because I didn't have to kill myself trying to keep up.

Originally Posted by CrossChain (Post 5147943)

Yep, she's married also

Originally Posted by cccorlew (Post 5148027)
So, what do you attribute the hummingbird heart rate to?

Was there really a hill, or was it just the scenery?

Inquiring minds......

There was really a hill............not a long one.............but the scenery was good. I really think the reason I had trouble keeping up is that the bike I was on is WHITE. DG been packin us bout white bikes.

Originally Posted by Wildwood (Post 5147845)
Younger MARRIED can make you older fast, and younger jealous husbands and make you deader fast. Watch your back.

Actually her husband is older than I am.

So now for the rest of the story.

She really is a very pretty woman and her and her husband have been my friends for many years. We are old golfing buddies. She rides every evening and I ride every morning when I'm not on the road. We've planned on riding some together, but the schedules never coincided. I didn't know how strong of a rider she really is. She would hammer me into the ground................but at least, now I have incentive to get faster

and I'll do it. I don't ride w/people so I have had nothing to guage my performance, and my biking condition must be pretty damn bad.

oilfreeandhappy 08-26-07 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by CrossChain (Post 5147943)

Or a Mom!

Louis 08-26-07 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by card (Post 5148959)
Actually her husband is older than I am.

He doesn't ride?

card 08-27-07 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 5149491)
He doesn't ride?

Nope, He plays golf.

will dehne 08-27-07 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by card (Post 5152192)
Nope, He plays golf.

Oh brother, Good luck to you.;):)

maddmaxx 08-27-07 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by card (Post 5152192)
Nope, He plays golf.

No wonder she smiled at you!

card 08-27-07 02:18 PM

Now I know I can't keep up if I ride w/her the next few days. Yesterday was the second ride on a new recumbent and my knees are killing me today. Going to have to get a lower gear and spin more, even though my average cadence was higher yesterday than on any other ride the last 2 months.

Having a riding partner AND a different type bike may be a little too much.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................keep riding the bent or go back to the Moots..........

:D;)

alicestrong 08-27-07 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by cyclezealot (Post 5147915)
I have come up to and pass some obvious female with incredible legs. He pig tail protruding thru her helmet. then I see her face and she is like 70. It has happened more than once.

Does this mean that my legs will still be great when I'm 70?

Oh and where have you been? Haven't you heard that the popular trend now is older woman/younger man? Maybe you should join the bandwagon...:p