User Tag List

My Bikes
    2009 Custom TI Frame Road Bike, all 2007 Campy Record, Campy Euros Wheelset
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

amazing!!! another century plus some

saturday before last I did my first century. alone.

this last sunday I rode with the local club and did 110 miles. Its amazing how much easier this one was. It was a little cooler in the afternoon than the first century. I drank a lot more water. On the first century I my cushy relaxed frame roubaix (a triple). This time I rode my normally geared (double) racing geometry Felt.

i am glad the hills are not too bad around here.

Having folks to ride with made it so much easier. I only drafted a little so don't think that was it. Maybe It was the conversation, taking my mind off the mileage. Maybe it was simply the fact that I already had a century under my belt., and was unconcerned about doing another.

I did the 110 in a LOT less time than the first 101I think having others riding with me pushed me along better than I pushed myself on the first century. I rode 30 miles yesterday, the day after the 110 for a recovery. I'm really getting to like this... Doing it again this weekend!
    2009 Custom TI Frame touring Bike. S&S couplers, XTR Drivetrain. LOW granny.
    2009 Performance Bicycles TI (by Lynsky) road frame, 7900 DA, 7950 DA Compact Crank, Light Niobium Rim Wheels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on back to back Saturday centuries. Your headed toward being one of those 400+ miles per week rider if you're not careful. Riding a century alone works for some folks, but others do indeed find the group century much more enjoyable.
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

My Bikes
    Cannondale R600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah -- last Sunday I did the Mount Washington Century (103) then this past Saturday I did the Blazing Saddles Century (102). Couple of 25 mile rides in the middle so I ended up with a 250+ mile week!

My Bikes
    Specialized Allez Elite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The longest rides I had done before my first century were 60-70, alone, and were real grinds. Then did a fully supported ride (110 miles) with lots of other riders, and the difference was amazing. So much easier. All the support and company made the miles fly by! Even on shorter rides, I prefer to ride with a group, but most of my rides are solo, just due to circumstances.

My Bikes
    2006 Lemond Tourmalet triple
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent ! Next thing you know, you'll be doing PBP qualifiers.
    Starve a terrorist - ride a bike to work. It's not just good for the environment, it's good for civilization.

My new blog is No Pinch Flats.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ride a LOT, but more lately. Often I do ride alone, I dont mind it so much except when it becomes a grind (somewhere around 50-60 mile). But I am glad there is an active club here in Ann Arbor, MI. 400 miles a week? I dont think so, but 250 a week for the last month or so has been pretty much the deal. We've had a LOT of rain during that time too.
    2009 Custom TI Frame touring Bike. S&S couplers, XTR Drivetrain. LOW granny.
    2009 Performance Bicycles TI (by Lynsky) road frame, 7900 DA, 7950 DA Compact Crank, Light Niobium Rim Wheels