Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    88 Fisher Gemini tandem, 92 Trek 970, 07 Nashbar Frame, 08 Gary Fisher Paragon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing like the Joy of a 3 year old!

Yesterday my Grand Son got to see the 1/2 bike I found for him last weekend. I told him that I had something new for him in the garage hanging up. All of the bikes are hooked and stowed in the garage for safe keeping. He went out and found mine and Nana's bike in their spots and didn't see the 1/2 bike yet.
    When he saw the new hook and the 1/2 bike he went nuts! I had to pull it down and hook it up to the KHS Cruiser, donned our helmets and went for a ride. He's actually too small for it, but he was able to climb aboard and held on well. Down the hill of the driveway, over the gutter on out on the road we went. He was loving it! Got a picture of him on the 1/2 bike, I just have to find the camera now!

His Mom and Dad picked him up today and he talked their ears off all the way home about HIS new Bike.

I guess it's some of the best money that I've spent in a long time!

God Bless my new Riding buddy!

Chris
    A Mess of old bikes...
    92 Trek 970
    08 Gary Fisher Paragon

My Bikes
    Bachetta Agio
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on finding your new riding buddy.

My Granddaughter and I have been riding together for a long time, although she rides in a trailer behind me. We are still looking for a bike for her. I am not sure if getting a Wal-Mart special is the way to go, but the LBS's don't have much aimed at the little ones.

Have fun and enjoy!
    As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
    Joshua 24:15

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully you get his 1/2 bike hooked up to the right bike. The number of times I see family groups out and there is Mum,Dad, elder child and the 1/2 bike. 1/2 bike hooked onto Mums.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    88 Fisher Gemini tandem, 92 Trek 970, 07 Nashbar Frame, 08 Gary Fisher Paragon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. He's with me. He already wants to "DROP" Nana and exhibited that last night! LOL!

I need to get the Fisher Tandem cleaned up and working better. Of course that would make for one LONG Train of bikes though.

Chris
    A Mess of old bikes...
    92 Trek 970
    08 Gary Fisher Paragon

South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, West of Harris Lake, NC
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR-C, Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 05 Rockhopper, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 01 Bianchi Campione, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 97 Lemond
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. My boys are too young to bless us with a grandchild. However, I am quickly reaching that point where I would really like having a grandchild.
    Roccobike BF Official Thread Terminator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ang1sgt View Post
    His Mom and Dad picked him up today and he talked their ears off all the way home about HIS new Bike.

I guess it's some of the best money that I've spent in a long time!

God Bless my new Riding buddy!

Chris

Sounds like and incredible investment.
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are blessed sir. I often look back to the rides I shared with our
    daughters on the tandem as some of my happiest cycling times.
    Ride the tires off that rig!!!!!

Happy trails

Yen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great! His grin says it all. You're creating many happy memories for years to come.

Do any of you grandparents worry about the safety of the young ones? When my nephew was younger (2-3 years), my mother literally lost sleep over his safety in the seat on the back of my brother's bike. As a result of that, my dad asked my brother to "please don't do it again". She frets A LOT by nature but I found that to be extreme. Maybe it takes a younger cycling grandparent to understand.
    Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Surly Long Haul Trucker

My Bikes
    Fuji S-12s, Trek Navigator 200, Dahon Vitesse D7, Raleigh Sprite Touring ('70's)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are hurting me real bad with this grandkid stuff! I'm 50 and toting around my 4 year old daughter on a trail-a-bike (half bike, trailer bike.....).