Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any other 50+ cyclists have kids at App?

I have two daughters at Appalachian-they take their bikes and there are some really nice mountain bike trails near the campus. They also ride their bikes to classes. But that is not the total reason for the post.........Just trying to keep it in the 50+ forum as it could be a little OT........but most of us have kids and enjoy seeing them happy.

By now some of you have read or seen about Appalachian's victory over Michigan. The chances of that happening are about like me winning the Tour de France.........

Needless to say the kids are really enjoying themselves. One has just graduated and watched the game on-line in Tucson and other is a Junior and emailed us pictures from the team arriving back on campus and the various activities afterwards. We also rec'd test messages throughout the day and the game went on.

I'm glad they're having fun. It's just part of the college experience. Plus they make outstanding grades and I just want to them to get everything out of the time there they can.........

And App is a really good team-regardless of what division they play in. They have some outstanding players with terrific speed-especially at the skill positions..........so maybe the odds of them winning are a little better than my winning the Tour after all!

My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet!

And they did it without carbon fiber bikes.
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll bet they are riding tall in the saddle right now. My son is at Georgia Southern and we are all too familiar with what kind of team Appalachian State has. Boone must have been a great place to be the last couple of days!
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to get back to work and rub it in to the U of M fans there!

My Bikes
    2008 Trek Madone 5.5, 2006 Trek Pilot 5.2 (deceased), 2005 Marin Novato, Trek 7100, Schwinn Frontier, Trek 800 sport, Trek 220, Trek MT 60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a couple of kids graduate from App in the last few years... '03 and '04 iirc.

Beautiful campus there in Boone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No kids at Ap, but I was a kid (and my wife, too) at Michigan a few years back! Saturday was a bad day, but, we'll be back!!

Caruso

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must be great to be an App State student these days. Those kinds of college memories are really wonderful.
    I've got two children at the Univ. of Florida, who cause me no end of grief regarding my alumnus status from (and strong support of) Ohio State. My wife is a Michigan graduate. Thanksgiving is an entertaining time at my house.

South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, West of Harris Lake, NC
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR-C, Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 05 Rockhopper, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 01 Bianchi Campione, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 97 Lemond
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to live in Greenville (NC) and was an East Carolina fan in 91 when they were ranked 9th at the end of the season. It's great fun to watch a team do the improbable and watch all those sportscasters eat their words. To ESPN's credit they did not find many excuses for Michigan's performance other than they just got beat by a better prepared team.
    BTW While your chances of winning the Tour are sort of slim, JPPE, they are exponentially better than mine.
    Roccobike BF Official Thread Terminator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they still call it UNC-Tweetsie? When I was at WCU that was the most popular name for it, but is lovely country.

Maybe not as nice as Cullowhee, but very nice.

sal
    buzzards circle above
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Sport Road 500, Cannondale Synapse Carbon 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our son is a senior at U of M. He has many friends who go to Michigan State. During the U of M debacle he recieved a text message from one of his friends, who was at the MSU game/route of UAB. The text message said "We (MSU) are beating a really bad team, how is U of M doing?" Our son's friend certainly knew that U of M was being humiliated at that point. What are friends for?..ha ha ha.
    By the way our daughter is a freshman at MSU this year. No new bicycles for me for awhile.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    Do they still call it UNC-Tweetsie? When I was at WCU that was the most popular name for it, but is lovely country.

Maybe not as nice as Cullowhee, but very nice.
    I think it has finally outgrown a lot of it's previous names!! It is a really great college now with 15,000+ students. Would totally agree that both Cullowhee and Boone are top shelf!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carusoswi View Post
    No kids at Ap, but I was a kid (and my wife, too) at Michigan a few years back! Saturday was a bad day, but, we'll be back!!

Caruso
    Trust me, we will be back!
    AS got lucky, and Oregon caught us on a bad day. Wait until next week!

Caruso

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Class of '85. The football program was a completely different story back then. Have family in Boone and visit often... the tough part is deciding which bike to take... road, mtn, or CX.

After the win at Michigan, I had no idea so many of my co-workers ever even heard of App State, much less that I went there. Mountaineers kick @ss!