User Tag List

My Bikes
    Mecian
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cold Rain and it felt GREAT

Last night it was looking like rain, the forecast was for rain, and the radar showed rain to the south and east. Says I, I don't think its a good idea to ride tonight, looks like rain. Wife says, Just head up to the northwest, it never rains out there. Good Idea, says I, and off I went. 16 miles into the 33 mile route which until then I was riding faster and more comfortable than I have in years, it starts to rain. Cold, wet rain. Rains off and on all the way home. I was cold and wet, and chilled. After a record hot summer, I gotta say it felt great to be goose bump and shiver chilled.

And a fit note. I dropped the nose of my Brooks just about 1/2 a degree or so, so the front half of the saddle is level, whereas before it was so slightly pointed up. Now I can move back and forth on the saddle and ride in the drops comfortably. I also can side forward just a bit and find my balance and spin are much improved. I love cycling!
    Recycle, Reclaim, Reuse and Repair
    The 4 Rs to save the planet

"Toes"

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy riding in the rain during the hot summer months. Unfortunately the rain is often accompanied by thunder and lightening around here
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love a walk in the rain, but haven't gotten into biking in the rain yet. Primarily because it gets hard to see through rain splattered eyeglasses.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howsteepisit View Post
    Last night it was looking like rain, the forecast was for rain, and the radar showed rain to the south and east. Says I, I don't think its a good idea to ride tonight, looks like rain. Wife says, Just head up to the northwest, it never rains out there. Good Idea, says I, and off I went. 16 miles into the 33 mile route which until then I was riding faster and more comfortable than I have in years, it starts to rain. Cold, wet rain. Rains off and on all the way home. I was cold and wet, and chilled. After a record hot summer, I gotta say it felt great to be goose bump and shiver chilled.

And a fit note. I dropped the nose of my Brooks just about 1/2 a degree or so, so the front half of the saddle is level, whereas before it was so slightly pointed up. Now I can move back and forth on the saddle and ride in the drops comfortably. I also can side forward just a bit and find my balance and spin are much improved. I love cycling!
    Out freakin standing. And ten-four on the nose of the Brooks being level, that is how I like mine too.
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
    I love a walk in the rain, but haven't gotten into biking in the rain yet. Primarily because it gets hard to see through rain splattered eyeglasses.
    Contacts. Or a hat with a real bill. I hate that part about riding in the rain too, if it's threatening, I definitely do contacts. Riding in the rain is good if you can see.

My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No go on the contacts. I've never been able to master putting things into my eyes, or getting things out. When something gets into my eye, it can take me up to an hour to get it out. And I have a hard time even putting in eye drops. Bit of a phobia about it.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
    No go on the contacts. I've never been able to master putting things into my eyes, or getting things out. When something gets into my eye, it can take me up to an hour to get it out. And I have a hard time even putting in eye drops. Bit of a phobia about it.
    OK then, hat with a bill

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could ride with my Columbia Bora Bora Booney hat!

http://www.streamsideflyfishing.com/boraborabooney.html

Note that it is sage and would match your bike nicely.

My Bikes
    Europa, Hillbrick, Road Chief, Repco Superlite (Ol' Rusty)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rain? What's that stuff?

We're in our third year of water restrictions (can only water things with buckets), just heading into summer and the en ninio (which gives us our rain) has turned alway giving us another summer of al ninio (which gives us nice cycling weather). That settles it, I'm ripping up the lawn and planting green concrete.

Richard
    I had a good bike ... so I FIXED it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sage is such a nice color. And that does look to be a nice hat too. Will it fit under helmet? Or maybe better said, will helmet fit over it? I was thinking more in terms of a ball cap with a bill... Which I do think would work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See my post on T-Man's thread.

I love your poetic image "goose bump and shiver chilled".