Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

I clicked yesterday on a post

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-07, 04:35 PM
Happy Rider

Bikes: Gold Rush, Moots compact, Bike Friday Pocket Crusoe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

and I think it may come up tomorrow.

Does there need to be a fund raiser or dues to make this forum faster?
Old 09-15-07, 04:37 PM
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by card
and I think it may come up tomorrow.

Does there need to be a fund raiser or dues to make this forum faster?
I think our 50+ jerseys will arrive before the next post.

Proud member of the original Club Tombay
Old 09-15-07, 05:10 PM

Bikes: Scott CR1 Team

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LOL, it's a good thing I use Firefox, so I can open another tab and do something else while I'm waiting for this forum to respond!
Old 09-15-07, 05:16 PM
tsl
Plays in traffic

Bikes: 1996 Litespeed Classic, 2006 Trek Portland, 2013 Ribble Winter/Audax, 2016 Giant Talon 4

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Now, now, now... The jerseys were ordered in mid-August with an expected six-week lead time. That's around the end of September. And since we're all at least Septembers around here, that shouldn't feel like so long.

As for the forum, I strongly agree. I run a hosting web hosting company. If any of my clients' sites behaved this poorly, I'd be losing clients. That said, I can also sympathize. I know how difficult it can be to isolate and resolve issues.

However, from what we can see on the public side of things, resources have been lavished on the new advertising scheme, while the tech issues have gotten worse. I can understand that every business needs to pay attention to the revenue stream, but there's no need for a revenue stream--or advertisers--if the traffic goes elsewhere.

Speaking of which, in this thread, Brian was crowing about how BF is the second most popular cycling forum on teh intarwebs. Anybody have any ideas who might be the first? (And if you say Bicycling, you'll earn a virtual slap with a trout.)

Back to the OP's original question, yes, you can support BF.net. Enter the User Control Panel and towards the bottom of the left column you'll find a link called Paid Subscriptions. <--Or click that link. Then you can put your money where your mouth is and join those of us with a red star.
Old 09-15-07, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cyclingforums.com claims to have over 125,000 members. Hard to know how meaningful any particular number is.
Old 09-15-07, 06:44 PM
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had to add ISP problems on top of the slow response for BF

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith
Old 09-15-07, 07:25 PM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by tsl
I run a hosting web hosting company. If any of my clients' sites behaved this poorly, I'd be losing clients. That said, I can also sympathize. I know how difficult it can be to isolate and resolve issues.

However, from what we can see on the public side of things, resources have been lavished on the new advertising scheme, while the tech issues have gotten worse. I can understand that every business needs to pay attention to the revenue stream, but there's no need for a revenue stream--or advertisers--if the traffic goes elsewhere.

Speaking of which, in this thread, Brian was crowing about how BF is the second most popular cycling forum on teh intarwebs. Anybody have any ideas who might be the first? (And if you say Bicycling, you'll earn a virtual slap with a trout.)
Speaking of crowing, this was the same Brian who recently tried to get the Living Car Free forum to stop using the term "cager" because he thought it might scare away potential posters/members. Between the deteriorating tech situation and that desperate attempt to make nice-nice for new money, I wonder how much longer BF has before it becomes the latest 'dot-bomb.'

Old 09-15-07, 08:06 PM
tired

Bikes: Breezer Uptown 8, U frame

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...88#post5274988
"Real wars of words are harder to win. They require thought, insight, precision, articulation, knowledge, and experience. They require the humility to admit when you are wrong. They recognize that the dialectic is not about making us look at you, but about us all looking together for the truth."
Old 09-15-07, 08:13 PM
tsl
Plays in traffic

Bikes: 1996 Litespeed Classic, 2006 Trek Portland, 2013 Ribble Winter/Audax, 2016 Giant Talon 4

Originally Posted by HybridSoThere
Cyclingforums.com claims to have over 125,000 members. Hard to know how meaningful any particular number is.
Harumph. They have a kiddie corner there, but nothing for us.
Old 09-15-07, 08:20 PM
tsl
Plays in traffic

Originally Posted by Brian
I dispatched an email to the head techno-weenie.
I once sent an email to George W. Didn't seem to make a difference. He got us embroiled that tar baby that is Iraq anyway.

What I'm saying is that sometimes something a bit more up close and personal is required.