Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 09-07-07, 12:13 PM   #1
gear

Bikes:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Once more with feeling

I'm on vacation in Vermont, staying on an island in lake Champlain. Got on my bike this morning and headed out, fifteen miles into my ride I notice I forgot my seat bag (that holds my spare tube). So back I go and get the bag. Head back out again. This sort of episode would probably be anoying but I'm on my bike and I'm on vacation so I really don't care. I did get some weird looks from the group of riders I kept passing, at first they were very enthusiastic in their hello's but by the third time they just looked puzzeled. Once a goofball always a goofball.
gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-07, 05:41 AM   #2
Beverly
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gear View Post
I'm on vacation in Vermont, staying on an island in lake Champlain. Got on my bike this morning and headed out, fifteen miles into my ride I notice I forgot my seat bag (that holds my spare tube). So back I go and get the bag. Head back out again. This sort of episode would probably be anoying but I'm on my bike and I'm on vacation so I really don't care. I did get some weird looks from the group of riders I kept passing, at first they were very enthusiastic in their hello's but by the third time they just looked puzzeled. Once a goofball always a goofball.
Be sure to take some picture for us. I've visited the Champlain area but never did any biking there

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith
Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-07, 10:24 AM   #3
gear

Bikes:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Beverly, sorry but I don't own a camera. That might seem odd but its even odder when you factor in that I went to photography school.

I just returned from the best ride I've ever done. I'm not used to these long flat roads and for the first four days I was fighting some pretty severe winds but today the winds stopped and I went out for three hours of riding. My average speed is usually around 17mph back home; but today it was 24mph. I think I may have to move up here
gear is offline   Reply With Quote