Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Moans- 2 to 4. (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/343368-moans-2-4-a.html)

stapfam 09-13-07 12:32 PM

Moans- 2 to 4.

First of all- Pie ride Saturday.

http://50pluscyclist.googlepages.com/traditions

Second- is anyone experiencing problems in getting onto BF- Last couple of evenings (Evening for me- probably midday for you) has been bad on trying to get a connection to BF- Tried other Sites in the US and no problem

Third- No- one got anything to say? No new post done today and it seems boring trying to respond to the DG's post's all the time as despite all the advice we give him- He won't be getting a chain cleaning device until his chain falls off.:o:o:o

And fourth- It is a beautiful evening for a ride and I have to stay at home as the wife has gone to a gardening club meeting. As you can tell- I'm bored.

Beverly 09-13-07 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by stapfam (Post 5264609)
First of all- Pie ride Saturday.

http://50pluscyclist.googlepages.com/traditions

Second- is anyone experiencing problems in getting onto BF- Last couple of evenings (Evening for me- probably midday for you) has been bad on trying to get a connection to BF- Tried other Sites in the US and no problem

Third- No- one got anything to say? No new post done today and it seems boring trying to respond to the DG's post's all the time as despite all the advice we give him- He won't be getting a chain cleaning device until his chain falls off.:o:o:o

And fourth- It is a beautiful evening for a ride and I have to stay at home as the wife has gone to a gardening club meeting. As you can tell- I'm bored.

One - I will be looking for a place to eat pie between my two rides this weekend. After the regular Saturday morning ride with the park program I'll be taking that new mountain bike to the grand opening of the mountain bike trails:D

Two - Yes, I've had problems accessing the site lately. Just today I get bounced out to a screen indicating they're having SQL query problems. Being a mainframer I have no idea what's wrong with servers:o At least they seem to come back online quickly....when the big guy dies it usually takes a while to get him back up and running.

Three - I have plenty to say....but it would only be to whine about something. DG will buy the chain cleaner at the same time he purchases the frame pump:)

Four - This is Thursday and I don't care how nice the weather is....this is a rest day after the 4 X 10 work week:p

stapfam 09-13-07 02:41 PM

"New" Mountain bike? Is this one I missed or have you sprung it on us?

Beverly 09-13-07 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by stapfam (Post 5265041)
"New" Mountain bike? Is this one I missed or have you sprung it on us?

You must have missed it. It's a 2007 Trek WSD 4300 and I bought it a few months ago to get ready for those mountain bike trails:) It's been gathering dust in my garage but it's time to drag it out and try out the new trails!

SaiKaiTai 09-13-07 03:20 PM

No pie for me :(
This was the worst possible weekend for it vis my schedule.
I'll be lucky to get any ride in

No, no problems of late but I had my share of moments.
All my imagination, I was told. Must be yours, too ;)

I have nothing of interest to say, I guess.
I don't do all that much, comparatively speaking and how often can you read about my piddly little climbs and 20-39 mile rides? Even DG does more than that.

And I am about to sneak off for a mid afternoon "head clearer"
Been that kind of day. I need some miles

Rosie8 09-13-07 03:59 PM

Have been able to get in, but can't read all the posts. Can only scroll down about 3/4 of the page at times, then it's stuck. Have to click out to a different topic & try again later.

Sorry you're bored. Why can't you ride while your wife's gone to the club?

rck 09-13-07 04:14 PM

1) Skipper and I and possibly a couple of others are riding to-you guessed it-Irma's on sat.

2) Haven't had any problems accessing the site of late. However, my computer is so old that it probably
doesn't recognize that a problem exists.

3) I'm not going to be critical of anybody's chain cleaning habits as I don't have much of one myself.

4) Your right it is a beautiful day here in sw wi. and I did go for a ride. Not that I'm rubbing it in or anything.

jim p 09-13-07 09:09 PM

I log into the forum and try to post a reply and after typing everything I try to send it and I can't because I am not logged in.

I am on dial up so it is so slow and almost unsupported so I don't complain about any glitches.

I got caught in a thouder boomer today. After reading the post about lightning over the last few days and with a back ground in lightning protection, I kept wondering when I was going to get lit up. Also with all the wind blowing in my ears so that I could not hear any wind gust from the cloud I kept wondering when I was going to get blown into a ditch. All went well and my bike got washed.

Digital Gee 09-13-07 10:04 PM

I was away for a 24 hour business trip.

Does anyone know if they make a pump/chain cleaner combination thing?