Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Neil_B

Thanks, Terrierman!

I've received many compliments from folks over the past two years of my weight loss, and the past nine months of bike riding. But the nicest one was just this week posted to the Bike Forums site by "Terrierman."

"What the O[riginal] P[oster] .... failed to mention is that the OP also has .... scoliosis and other skeletal problems that would keep most folks off a bike. You can see it if you look a little more carefully at his photos.

"But he just don't seem to care about nothing but getting it done! Which made him and keeps him my hero."

From now on, "I care about nothing but getting it done" is my motto. Thanks, Terrierman. And I cheerfully will continue to be your hero until you see fit to get another one.

My Bikes
    Fuji S-12s, Trek Navigator 200, Dahon Vitesse D7, Raleigh Sprite Touring ('70's)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice! It is great to have support and encouragement.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're welcome Neil. Let us know how the century goes OK?
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are an inspiration. I had such an inspiration as well about 12 years ago. I cycled with a small group, one guy int he group had crohn's disease that progressively got worse. He never gave up, he did multiple centuries. As the disease prgressed and got worse they had to remove more and more of his colon. He was cycling with a bag. He eventually died, but he cycled hard to the end. No matter how much he was hurting, he never complained - he just kept pedeling.

We should all remember this - when we whine about being sore, getting older, whatever. We really don't have that much to complain about - just get'er done!
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i read about neil... i read about the gentleman above... i read about all of your victories... i am inspired. i am humbled. i am not worthy to ride in your draft. you are, all of you, heroes. how many lives have you saved simply because somebody saw the example you have set, and decided to emulate you?

some pretty darn good company here.

be,
    and be well,

jim
    Be in this moment.
    Do not seek the truth. Accept it.

Neil_B
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrierman View Post
    You're welcome Neil. Let us know how the century goes OK?
    Will do. While we are waiting for me to complete a century, instead of fai-, err, not completing it, here's a chess article that features another "before" photo:

http://www.correspondencechess.com/c...es/a060615.htm