Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Finally

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally

After weeks of no rain and temps in the 90's and 100's we're finally getting a little wet weather. It's not much mind you, but it's at least wet. It will just be around for today.

If we don't continue to get more rain this area or even more important north of us we will be hurting in more ways and than folks know. Looks like Sunday will be perfect for a long ride with initial temps in the low 60's and highs around 70.......and dry. Can we say that Fall is here????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can say fall is here, but I'll fight it to the bitter end. Give me summer, sweet summer. (Glad your getting a bit rain. Hope it helps.) I'm looking forward to a ride in the rain tomorrow. I should be in the low 80s with a fairly steady, but not hard, rain - at least if one can believe the forecast.
    Oh I used to be disgusted and now I try to be amused. But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes. But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain, that's when I knew that I could not refuse. And I won't get any older, now the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To reply to SKT's posting- This server is getting slow and it is becoming a problem to post or reply.

Sorry about changing thread but I am on a post- Any Post - so I thought I'd mention it.

Weather has not been that Hot all summer here- Couple of times in the day when it reached 80 but a very cool summer. Lots of Rain in the UK but not a great deal where I live. Lots of 15mph swirling winds though but Got to have something to enjoy on the rides.

Now September and the Nights have just started cooling down. Daytime temps are still high 70's and wind not too strong. As to rain- Couple of menacing clouds this evening but NO rain again. Could do with some to clean the roads but That would probably cause local flooding so I can't complain
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rode out this am with bibs, undergarment, long sleeve hooded jersey with the hood up, windbreaker, tights and full fingered gloves.

39.9F, wind about 10mph

Fall is just around the corner.
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 09-14-07 at 07:41 PM.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have stopped riding in the morning - or at least I am riding on the trainer now. I took off an hour early from work and got 30 in this afternoon. Pretty soon I won't even be able to do that.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

My Bikes
    Specialized S-Works Roubaix, Litespeed Tuscany Road, Specialized Allez Epic lugged carbon frame Road,Giant Anthem 29'r, Klein Hardtail
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Luck Tomorrow! Wish I hadn't been without a bike for so long so that I might have joined you. Looks like PERFECT weather. Will be thinking about you as I'm doing my 4hrs tomorrow....

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PAlt View Post
    Good Luck Tomorrow! Wish I hadn't been without a bike for so long so that I might have joined you. Looks like PERFECT weather. Will be thinking about you as I'm doing my 4hrs tomorrow....
    Thanks!! Went to bed really early last night, got my 7 hrs sleep and will head out in just a few. It does look like a wonderful day weatherwise. Just wish there was some way to flatten the hills!!!!!