I've been working a few hours each week at a bike shop. This is an under-the-radar type of job in which I get paid in bike parts. So what's the problem? I'm building up credits faster than I can think up stuff that I want. Here's a partial list of possibilities:
1. Shop supplies, like bulk cable housing, for my home workshop. BOREING.
2. Parts to build myself a new wheelset that I don't need.
3. The guys that I work with think that I should buy a carbon fiber bike frame to build up. How un-retro grouch like.
4. Mrs Grouch thinks that I should buy us some new Craft shorts that we both like so well. See #1.
5. Something high tech like the new Garman or a Power Tap hub. See #3 besides, Power Tap data will probably depress me. Nope, not going there.
Surely somebody must have a better idea. Creativity counts. Winner will recieve a pair of Velox handlebar end plugs or some other negotiated item from Retro Grouch's extensive parts collection.