I'm the one with the Trek 7.2 FX. Had it less than two months, but already thinking about what I want in my next bike. Assuming that I keep riding as I have been and keep getting stronger, next year I want something that:
- Has drop handlebars, but that I can keep a bit higher than my seat to save my creaky neck. I don't like the limited places I can put my hands on the straight bars.
- Can allow me to ride faster than I can now.
- Maybe handles hills better. Not sure how much is my being out of shape and how much is the bike's gears, but them thar hills are tough when they are steep, and I've got a long, steep one leading to my house.
- Let's me join some shorter club rides/little triathlons, looks like it fits in, and gives me a chance in hell of not finishing last.
- Handles the less-than-perfect roads around here while keeping me comfortable for 1/2 day to maybe even longer rides.
- A bike that I can fall in love with. Yes. Love. Like my husband loves his Mini Cooper. Like I loved my cream-colored Volvo 1800.
Suggestions of what to look for? Thanks in advance!