Thread: 3800 miles!

My Bikes
    2006 Lemond Tourmalet triple
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3800 miles!

Added up the odometers on my bikes this evening, and came up with 3,802 miles. I'd set 4,000 miles as my goal this year. Barring catastrophe, I ought to make that easily.

If I can get a few breaks on the weather, I might manage 4,500 miles for the year.
    Starve a terrorist - ride a bike to work. It's not just good for the environment, it's good for civilization.

My new blog is No Pinch Flats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gee, I was feeling good about hitting 2,200 miles today; now I feel like a piker

Outstanding effort! Congratulations. That's a BUNCH of miles, and as I recall from some of your posts, your averages are pretty healthy as well.

My Bikes
    06 Co-Motion Tandem, Fuji Team Pro mine,-Hers, Specialized Dolce
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just added up the miles on our new tandem. 820 miles since the last week of July. The miles just seem to fly by.
    Two blondes walked into a building-You think one of them would have seen it.
    2006 Co-Motion Roadster 2006 Fuji Team Pro, 2005 Specialized Dolce Comp, 2008 Orbea Diva (Red Riders Baby-"The Avocado")
    Custom Simonetti (thanks Steve)

rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sheesh, like Dr J I was feeling godlike about 2400 miles. Sigh!

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's fantastic...my goal for this, my first full year, was 1500...and I'm at 1220 now so I think I'll get it!
    The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually. ©
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark

My Bikes
    Scott CR1 Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way to go! My goal is 3500 miles for the year. Just passed 2000 yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cyclistats tells me I'm at 4700 miles for the year and if the snow holds off I will be riding through December.

Caveat: I teach so I have the summers off. 50 miles a day is not unusual during the summer.

tsl
    My Bikes
    1996 Litespeed Classic, 2006 Trek Portland, 2013 Ribble Winter/Audax
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3276 on a goal of 4000 as of this morning. I have to do 40 this afternoon if I want to meet my September goal, (and given the pleasant weather, it will be hard to do only 40).

I ride all winter so I'm not concerned with the snow impacting my goal.
    My two favorite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything.
    The perfect day: Riding a bike to the library.—Peter Golkin

Lucky for me, I work at a library and bike to work.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am meeting my goal of not knowing how many miles I have ridden this year. I didn't make a note of the odometer reading on my one bike that has a computer and I have been riding 4 other bikes with no computer.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAsFat View Post
    Added up the odometers on my bikes this evening, and came up with 3,802 miles. I'd set 4,000 miles as my goal this year. Barring catastrophe, I ought to make that easily.

If I can get a few breaks on the weather, I might manage 4,500 miles for the year.

I'm currently at 2762 for the year and 3000 was my goal. Like you, barring any problems and if the weather holds out I should be able to pass that goal If winter holds off until January I might even be able to break 4000 this year.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations. I'm just 45 miles away to break 2000 this year and first time ever to have that many miles. Morning ride was to reach that milestone but got interrupted when I saw a vintage Raleigh Super Course on a yard sale and went back to pick it up. I was more interested in the Brooks saddle than the bike itself but after searching through the vintage column and on Google, I think I am going to restore it. I took the Brooks saddle and mounted it on my Trek for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night I said in jest my 2008 goals were to ride as fast as the best rider in our group and climb as well as the best climber in the group. Someone replied "you have set the bar kind of low!"

Good job.

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm right behind you, NAF. Right now I'm sitting at 3658. Trouble is, for the past two weeks, almost every time I have time to ride, it's been raining. If I can keep the weekend rides going I may yet get to 4000!

rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    I am meeting my goal of not knowing how many miles I have ridden this year. I didn't make a note of the odometer reading on my one bike that has a computer and I have been riding 4 other bikes with no computer.
    BluesDawg,
    That reminds me of my old motto-My only goal-to be goaless.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tha's a lot of riding, and congratulations! And Solveg wants to know where you could have ridden.
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor j View Post
    Gee, I was feeling good about hitting 2,200 miles today; now I feel like a piker

Outstanding effort! Congratulations. That's a BUNCH of miles, and as I recall from some of your posts, your averages are pretty healthy as well.
    I guess we're both a couple of pikers, so much for being over the moon over a measly 2K.

But oh what the hell, congratulations John, I'm sure OUR miles were much harder than his...

And I wonder. Just how many magnets do you suppose he runs anyway?
    It's all downhill from here. Except the parts that are uphill.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 42,581 smiles so far - working on 50,000 by December 31st.

Congratulations on the 3,802 miles.

My Bikes
    Fuji CCR1, Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! You are doing great. My goal is/was 3000 miles and I'm just over 2800.
    Just Peddlin' Around

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrierman View Post
    I guess we're both a couple of pikers, so much for being over the moon over a measly 2K.

But oh what the hell, congratulations John, I'm sure OUR miles were much harder than his...

And I wonder. Just how many magnets do you suppose he runs anyway?
    T-man, I'm sure your miles are harder than mine. Around Tulsa, you have to look to find a course that isn't mostly flat. My usual 25 mi. ride only has about 5 miles of hills, and none of them are Brasstown Bald. You probably climbed as much as I did.

I only run 1 magnet per bike.
    Starve a terrorist - ride a bike to work. It's not just good for the environment, it's good for civilization.

My Bikes
    07 Rivendell Atlantis, 80's Mondonico, 91 Cinelli ATB, 83 Schwinn Peleton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, 97 Klein Stage Comp, 81 SR Touring Bike, 80's CCM, 84 Bridgestone 200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, where could you have ridden to? How many times could you have ridden to my house for lunch? (Minneapolis)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to you, I just rolled up to 1038 for the season.....4X that amount...WOW!

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solveg View Post
    So, where could you have ridden to? How many times could you have ridden to my house for lunch? (Minneapolis)
    Google Maps says Tulsa to Minneapolis is about 700 mi. 4,000 miles is better than 2 1/2 round trips. It's enough for a round trip from Tulsa to Salem, OR.