Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just bought the first bike that really fits me.

I have been riding a bicycle now for 2 years. I am 56 years old and I just bought a used Raliegh 21 Speed Supercourse. I am thrilled with the performance of this bicycle. I never had a real bike before this. I never had a bike before with a frame that really fits me. I know that I have a lot to learn and that there are better bikes down the road for me. But for the first time in my life, I have the thrill of real speed on a bicycle.

I just wanted to introduce myself, and to tell you all that I am a new enthusiast to your sport.

All the best...Frankie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieQu View Post
    I have been riding a bicycle now for 2 years. I am 56 years old and I just bought a used Raliegh 21 Speed Supercourse. I am thrilled with the performance of this bicycle. I never had a real bike before this. I never had a bike before with a frame that really fits me. I know that I have a lot to learn and that there are better bikes down the road for me. But for the first time in my life, I have the thrill of real speed on a bicycle.

I just wanted to introduce myself, and to tell you all that I am a new enthusiast to your sport.

All the best...Frankie
    Welcome, and thanks for introducing yourself. A great bike fit is a wonderful thing. What kind of pie do you like? I hope it is blueberry!

tsl
    My Bikes
    1996 Litespeed Classic, 2006 Trek Portland, 2013 Ribble Winter/Audax
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieQu View Post
    I just wanted to introduce myself, and to tell you all that I am a new enthusiast to our sport.
    There. Fixed it for you. You're one of us now.

And welcome!
    My two favorite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything.
    The perfect day: Riding a bike to the library.—Peter Golkin

Lucky for me, I work at a library and bike to work.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome and enjoy the bike. Whole new worlds are about to open for you.

My Bikes
    Retro Hercules adult tricycle, 1953 Hercules ladies roadster, 1950s Wearwell fixed gear 'Club' pathracer, 1980s Malvern Star 'Super Star', 1980s Healing GTX-105 Arabesque, 1980's Morrison Concorde & etc & etc.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't go wrong with a Raleigh

It's really nice finding that very first perfect fit honey of a bike.
    OMNIPOTENS aeterne Deus, qui nos secundum imaginem Tuam plasmasti, et omnia bona, vera, pulchra, praesertim in divina persona Unigeniti Filii Tui Domini nostri Iesu Christi, quaerere iussisti, praesta quaesumus ut, per intercessionem Sancti Isidori, Episcopi et Doctoris, in peregrinationibus per interrete factis et manus oculosque ad quae Tibi sunt placita intendamus et omnes quos convenimus cum caritate ac patientia accipiamus. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!

I know how you feel about finding a good fitting bike....they just make it so much easier and enjoyable to ride
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    Mecian
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, and feel free to eat whatever kind of pie you like. You can look at some of the threads about PIE to understand the groups totally unnatural fascination with pie. Well, maybe not, as I still don't understand that. Anyway, A Hearty Welcome.
    Recycle, Reclaim, Reuse and Repair
    The 4 Rs to save the planet

"Toes"

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Frankie, but I bet your not done buying yet, have fun.
    George

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the welcome. I will check out the pie thing and I will surely be buying more bicycles.
    I have the advantage of good health and am fairly fit at the age of 56. I ride a bicycle more than I drive these days. My friends and co-workers think I'm eccentric. Oh well.
    I have so much to learn. I am finally just starting to learn about the machines themselves. Incredible...and the price tags are also.
    Thanks again friends...Frankie

My Bikes
    One at a time these days
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when I read the 2nd line in your post I had deja vu. My first full size road bike was a Rudge with a Stronglight cotterless alloy crankset, my 2nd bike was a Raleigh Supercourse, what gorgeous bike that was to my eyes, an amazing green, chrome on forks and rear stays... Thanks for bringing me back to some happy days. I didnt care how it rode, I was a kid and would have ridden concrete if it was cool but as I remember it was a very nice ride.

Welcome, I am new to this forum as well.

enjoy

k