Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Important Announcement To Follow: (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/351100-important-announcement-follow.html)

tpelle 10-07-07 01:40 PM

Important Announcement To Follow:

Off topic, but my daughter and her husband just informed my wife and me that we're going to be Grandparents!

Now I'm gonna have somebody to teach how to ride!

Wildwood 10-07-07 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by tpelle (Post 5408894)

Litespeed has a nice tricycle, whose got the pic?

AuntieM 10-07-07 01:57 PM

Off topic, but my daughter and her husband just informed my wife and me that we're going to be Grandparents!

Congratulations! Sounds like it's going to be fun at your house soon.

Beverly 10-07-07 04:30 PM

Congratulations!

It's time to start purchasing the equipment you'll need.....bike trailer, toddler helmets, etc:)

Red Rider 10-07-07 04:48 PM

Congratulations! What good news!

Any chance that the mom will ride now, to get the little one used to the feeling? ;)

airbrake 10-07-07 05:44 PM

Our first granddaughter had a little Schwinn 2 wheeler waiting when she come home from the hospital. That was from her uncle. We got her a pink Schwinn trike for her second birthday in Feb. She was joined by twin sisters in Feb, so more to come I'm sure.(bikes that is!) It took me 56 yrs to get the first grand, now they are coming 2 at a time!

oilman_15106 10-08-07 11:25 AM

The problem with your first grandkid is you just can't wait till they can ride. My granddaughter just turned 2 and I already bought her a bike which at this point is collecting dust. Maybe after a couple of grandkids you will know when it is time to get the appropriate bike.

Retro Grouch 10-08-07 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by oilman_15106 (Post 5414205)
The problem with your first grandkid is you just can't wait till they can ride. My granddaughter just turned 2 and I already bought her a bike which at this point is collecting dust. Maybe after a couple of grandkids you will know when it is time to get the appropriate bike.

My daughter is working on grandchild #11. It's become my responsibility to keep them outfitted with bicycles. My next bicycle purchase is 3 helmets for the 7 year old tripletts.

Terrierman 10-08-07 01:56 PM

You are gonna love it. But you already knew that. BUT! You don't know just how much yet. It's huge, just huge. Congratulations.

tlc20010 10-08-07 03:52 PM

My avatar says it all.

Congratulations, Grandpa!

Kurt Erlenbach 10-08-07 04:55 PM

tpelle - There is a mistake in the original post. This thread is precisely on topic. The topic in this forum, as best I can tell, is Livin Life Large with a little snow on top, with a bike thrown in. Grandchildren are exactly what it's all about. Congratulations.