Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever forgotten your jersey??

I drove over an hour to an organized ride and was running late getting there. I got registered and went back to the car and got everything out. I got ready to pin the number to my jersey and my jersey wasn't in my bag that I had packed the night before.......and I had taken out my box of extra stuff a few weeks earlier to make room for a family trip.

I had packed a sleeveless technical undershirt and just decided to wear it. Unfortunately I didn't have anywhere to put my bananas, crackers, cell phone, etcb but decided to ride anyway.

The guys upfront gave me some funny looks.........and it was very sunny so I have a really funky looking light sunburn line this evening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't forgotten jersey on a big ride, but I regularly forget to don my helmet on after work rides. Usually don't get too far before I remember it.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there is anything that I haven't forgotten at least once. Except maybe my bicycle. One time I forgot to remove my car keys from my trunk, rode away and found them there when I got back 3 hours later.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used to freak our friends out when they drove up to a ride starting point with their bike on a roof rack, by saying "where's your bike?"
    Last edited by Louis; 10-08-07 at 08:26 AM.

Bikin' and Hikin' RockyTopBiker's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Lemond Reno, Diamondback Topanga Mountain Bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't forgotten anything yet today, but yesterday I went out to ride and forgot both my jersey and socks! I rode with a cotton Tee Shirt and Navy crew socks, rolled down all the way to my shoes (which I didn't forget). At least it wasn't an organized ride and only my buddy noticed me. They say that memory is the SECOND thing to go!!
    "Put me on a highway. Show me a sign. Take it to the limit one more time"
    -The Eagles

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
    I don't think there is anything that I haven't forgotten at least once. Except maybe my bicycle.
    I wish I could say I've never forgotten my bike

During the biking season I keep everything in my van including my bike. The only thing I need to remember is my jersey and shorts. I had cleaned the bike and left it in the garage with the intention of putting it back in the car before I left for work the next morning. Well, some things just don't go according to plan It only takes once.....I cleaned the bike last night and it was put into the van immediately.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forget my water bottles all the time. My gloves are the second thing I forget, occasionally my helmet, once forgot my shoes but if I forget my bike then I guess I was not going riding anyway.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

My Bikes
    Specialized Sequoia, Specialized Crosstrail, Cannondale Synapse Carbon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took off early yesterday morning with my bike on my roof rack, then had to pull over about 5 miles out because I couldn't remember having put the front wheel in the trunk (really hard to do without that!). But it was there (whew!).

I've also learned to never set anything on the roof of my car, even for "just a few seconds", while loading up. I lost a favorite pair of gloves that way, and have had a couple other things that I heard roll off as I pulled out.

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix - Look 566 - Jamis Coda Elite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was trying to focus on a long ride and going over everything twice. I took off feeling good and about 10 miles down the road I reached down to get a drink, no water bottles.
    George

Lost in Nostalgia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been there, done that. I made a big, 12" x 16" check list written in bold marking pen on the garage door.

Haven't forgotten anything since.

knotty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water bottles, or computer, or frame pump, yes, but I wear my cycling clothes while driving to a ride. I worry about forgetting my shoes.
    Silver Eagle Pilot

OnTheRoad or AtTheBeach stonecrd's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Ridley Noah RS, Scott CR1 Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Helmet, gloves, water bottle, but never a jersey, generally wear my bike stuff when I drive out ot a ride and change for the ride back
    The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard and the shallow end is much too large

2013 Noah RS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But I did show up with a pair of shoes with Look cleats and Bebop pedals.

My Bikes
    Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I feel better about forgetting my heart rate sensor so often, now.
    Bud
    * 2009 RANS XStream
    * 2007 RANS Stratus XP
    * 2006 Bacchetta Corsa
    My Blog - uneasy-rider.com

They told me it's ok to post mileage over in the commuting forum, so you'll probably find me there these days.

My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx SXM, LeMond Buenos Aires, Cannondale Road Warrior 1000 plus a couple of comforts (Specialized Crossroads and Giant Cyprus) and a beater mtb for around town.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I do seem to remember that I once ended up on a 40+ miler in my Florsheims

http://members.aol.com/bfn50gallery/grampstershoes.jpg
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
    --Ben Franklin

Neil_B
    I don't think there is anything that I haven't forgotten at least once. Except maybe my bicycle. One time I forgot to remove my car keys from my trunk, rode away and found them there when I got back 3 hours later.
    I once went on a half-day ride and returned to discover I left my passenger side car door unlocked. In the back seat was my floor pump. In the front seat, amid bike gear, was personal mail and my wallet. God must have a soft spot for fools, because nothing was taken from the car.

Neil_B
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyTopBiker View Post
    I haven't forgotten anything yet today, but yesterday I went out to ride and forgot both my jersey and socks! I rode with a cotton Tee Shirt and Navy crew socks, rolled down all the way to my shoes (which I didn't forget). At least it wasn't an organized ride and only my buddy noticed me. They say that memory is the SECOND thing to go!!
    I forgot socks, but it was on the ride INTO work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to have one of those quick-release type seatpost racks on my C'dale Cyclodisc. Took of on a beautiful Sunday morning to ride and snap some pics with my camera that I carried in a trunk that strapped to that rack. About fifteen miles out, I come upon a scene worthy of some bytes on my cam. Go to reach for it, and there's no bag on my rack.

My brain cannot resolve for me whether or not I ever actually attached the bag, so I relinquish my aim of a long ride, and decide to retrace my path just in case the bag fell off en route. I get back to the house to peer through the window at my bag sitting on the kitchen table. Cannot get to it as I am now locked out of the house - keys are in the bag.

So, my ride turned into a long one afterall, since, without keys, there was almost nothing else for me to do. Felt better knowing that my bag wasn't laying in a ditch somewhere, however.

Another time I put on a long raincoat over my PJ's to go out after the morning newspaper. I got so engrossed in reading the news, that I wound up driving off to work only to discover, upon arriving at the office, that I was still wearing my PJ's (and only my PJ's) under that raincoat . . . very embarrassing, indeed.

Caruso

My Bikes
    Fuji CCR1, Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor j View Post
    Haven't forgotten jersey on a big ride, but I regularly forget to don my helmet on after work rides. Usually don't get too far before I remember it.
    My rear-view mirror is attached to my helmet. If I can't see behind me, I know I forgot it.
    Just Peddlin' Around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HaHa, I've even forgotten my bike! I drove to where I wanted to start a training ride, got dressed, then opened the back of the car to get my bike. Not there. Left it in the house.

At one time or another I have forgotten every single thing I might need for a ride. From shoes, shorts, helmet, jersey, pump, saddle bag, front wheel, etc...

If you ride often enough and are hurried enough, anything can be forgotten.

My Bikes
    lots... even a Raleigh twenty !!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went for a ride and didn't forget anything..........looked down and saw 1 blue cycling shoe and 1 red cycling shoe....oh yeah, I think I had odd socks on too.

sch
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Helmet on several occasions, shoes on at least one occasion, currently
    water bottles when I ride evenings on the tandem.
    Worst case was a trip to Wash DC, a 650mi drive, 4yrs ago. I picked up the
    shoes and put them in with the rest of the bike stuff and loaded up. About 40mi
    out a lite went off and alarms rang: I picked up the MIDDLE two shoes of the
    road shoes on the left and bent shoes on the right. Quick halt on the interstate
    hop out and check ::: !?*& yup had one road and one bent shoe, different pedals.
    Turned around and drove the extra 80mi. Wife was noncommital.