Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While you're at the shop where the FCR1 is, why not take out an OCR? Same relaxed geometry as Trek and Specialized. Try the OCR C3.
    I seem to have all my problems with Schrader valves. I always make sure I'm pulling straight off when removing the pump head from presta valves, and am careful putting it on. The worse thing for presta vavles I've seen is the side to side pumping of a frame pump without a hose.
    Silver Eagle Pilot

Yen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TWL: Looking at the photo at the Lemond site, the seat is noticeably higher than the bars and it describes it as "sloping geometry". I want the bars to be level with the seat. I know I can change or flip the stem though.... so maybe it is another one to look at.
    Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Surly Long Haul Trucker

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaiKaiTai View Post
    It's so disappointing to be all psyched up and ready to roll and then... cyclist interuptus
    I sure went through that when I got ready to take my Kaitai out and found a busted spoke.
    So, took the wheel out to get fixed and two weeks later got ready to roll and... another busted spoke. Two of 'em, in fact. Dang!
    Well, it's one good reason to have more than one bike, hey?
    I found a flat tire on the Madone this morning as I was getting ready to leave for a ride. I didn't have time to change it so I just pumped the tires up on the other bike and took it. Those extra bikes really are nice.

After the ride I planned on fixing the flat until I discovered the tire was damaged. I loaded it up and took it to the LBS for a new set of tires.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    07 Specialized Roubaix Elite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yen View Post
    TWL: Looking at the photo at the Lemond site, the seat is noticeably higher than the bars and it describes it as "sloping geometry". I want the bars to be level with the seat. I know I can change or flip the stem though.... so maybe it is another one to look at.
    Yen, "sloping geometry" refers to the top tube sloping from the head tube downward to the seat tube. Your LBS can adjust or replace the stem to raise the bars level with the seat very easily.

The group has given you lots of great suggestions, ride lots of them, and have fun!

Yen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pedal lber View Post
    Yen, "sloping geometry" refers to the top tube sloping from the head tube downward to the seat tube. Your LBS can adjust or replace the stem to raise the bars level with the seat very easily.
    Thanks.

The group has given you lots of great suggestions, ride lots of them, and have fun![/QUOTE]

I will!
    Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Surly Long Haul Trucker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12