Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 10-12-07, 08:30 PM   #26
Dchiefransom

Bikes:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
While you're at the shop where the FCR1 is, why not take out an OCR? Same relaxed geometry as Trek and Specialized. Try the OCR C3.
I seem to have all my problems with Schrader valves. I always make sure I'm pulling straight off when removing the pump head from presta valves, and am careful putting it on. The worse thing for presta vavles I've seen is the side to side pumping of a frame pump without a hose.
Old 10-12-07, 08:45 PM   #27
Yen
Surly Girly

Bikes:
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TWL: Looking at the photo at the Lemond site, the seat is noticeably higher than the bars and it describes it as "sloping geometry". I want the bars to be level with the seat. I know I can change or flip the stem though.... so maybe it is another one to look at.
Old 10-12-07, 09:00 PM   #28
Beverly
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiKaiTai View Post
It's so disappointing to be all psyched up and ready to roll and then... cyclist interuptus
I sure went through that when I got ready to take my Kaitai out and found a busted spoke.
So, took the wheel out to get fixed and two weeks later got ready to roll and... another busted spoke. Two of 'em, in fact. Dang!
Well, it's one good reason to have more than one bike, hey?
I found a flat tire on the Madone this morning as I was getting ready to leave for a ride. I didn't have time to change it so I just pumped the tires up on the other bike and took it. Those extra bikes really are nice.

After the ride I planned on fixing the flat until I discovered the tire was damaged. I loaded it up and took it to the LBS for a new set of tires.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith
Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-07, 10:51 PM   #29
pedal lber

Bikes: 07 Specialized Roubaix Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yen View Post
TWL: Looking at the photo at the Lemond site, the seat is noticeably higher than the bars and it describes it as "sloping geometry". I want the bars to be level with the seat. I know I can change or flip the stem though.... so maybe it is another one to look at.
Yen, "sloping geometry" refers to the top tube sloping from the head tube downward to the seat tube. Your LBS can adjust or replace the stem to raise the bars level with the seat very easily.

The group has given you lots of great suggestions, ride lots of them, and have fun!
pedal lber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-07, 11:35 PM   #30
Yen
Surly Girly

Bikes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedal lber View Post
Yen, "sloping geometry" refers to the top tube sloping from the head tube downward to the seat tube. Your LBS can adjust or replace the stem to raise the bars level with the seat very easily.
Thanks.

The group has given you lots of great suggestions, ride lots of them, and have fun![/QUOTE]

I will!