Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Europa, Hillbrick, Road Chief, Repco Superlite (Ol' Rusty)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Polar on two bikes

I've got a Polar CS200cad computer.
    I want to use it on two bikes with different sized wheels.
    It's easy enough to store the settings for both bikes and that has been done.

How do you tell the computer which bike it's mounted on?
    The manual (which isn't useless but aspires to it in places), just says to select the right bike when you start exercising ... but doesn't tell you HOW.

Does anyone here know?

Richard
    I had a good bike ... so I FIXED it

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got a CS 300 and itworks well- but don't ask me the technicalitie. I read the manual on how to set up wheel size and that took me too long. Hope we have a technophile on board that can read the instructions and translate into Human terminology for you.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And just to make me really grumpy, I can't get the new cadence sensor to sensoratre or whatever it does. I mounted everything. Didn't work. Pfaffed around moving my mini pump (over to the chainring side of the bar) so I could remount the sensor closer to the unit. Didn't work. I've been through more zip ties tonight the General Motors on a bad day. Then I had a brainwave and held the unit down by the sensor. Didn't work. Speed works, but not the cadence. Grrrr. The sensor is almost touching the magnet. Yes, the magnet is a magnet (a steel bolt stuck to it). It's now after midnight and a job I wasn't going to do tonight but started only because it was 'quick and easy' is going to send me to bed grumpy. There's probably something really simple I've forgotten, though it's not mentioned in that rotten manual.

Ah well. I was wondering where I'd go for my ride tomorrow. Now I know, into the city to visit the Polar distributor and if I remember rightly, the secretary is rather cute with a beaut British accent

Richard

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea- going to chat up some pommie female to see if she can get a Mechanic to sort out your Problem.

Have to admit that I will re-read the instructions and still not get anywhere- but some one show me how to do it and I never forget. Sounds as though there is a problem with the cadence sensor though so definitely Time to pay the Pommie a visit.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    1980 Schwinn World Sport, 1982 Schwinn Super Le Tour, 1984 (?) Univega Single Speed/Fixed conversion, Kogswell G58 fixed gear, 1987 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try these steps in order, starting with the computer off (blank Screen):

1, Press the left button once to turn the computer on. It should display the date and time.
    2, Press the right button three times. It should display "SETTINGS".
    3, Press the center button once. It should display "cycling SET".
    4, Press the right button three times. It should display "Bike SET".
    5, Press the center button once. It should display "Bike" and a flashing number 1 or 2. If the number of the bike you wish to use is flashing, press the center button (ok) once. If you want the other number, press the right button once and then press the center button (ok) once.

The above five steps will set the bike number. Continue on for a possible solution to your cadence sensor problem.

6, The display should now read:
    "AutoStart" with a flashing On or Off. Press the center button to ok or the right button (set) to change.
    (I always set mine to Auto Start)

7, Now, to possibly solve the cadence sensor problem, The display should read "Cadence" with a flashing On or Off. Make your selection with the center (ok) button or the right (set) button.

The cadence needs to be set On.

If this fails to make it work, have a beer and turn the thing over to the distributor for help.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dogbait.

Yup, done all that. At least I haven't missed something obvious.

Seems a lot of button pushing to go from one bike to another - I can see me getting peeved with that, and both bikes have different sized wheels so I can't just shrug and let the totals (which I ignore anyway) build up as they like. Ah well, at least the option is there.

Richard